Reliable Resources for Mesothelioma and Asbestos Cancer
Who Do You Trust?
The Internet allows anyone the freedom to publish information on any topic they so choose, whether or not they are knowledgeable about the subject in question or not.
While this is not such a bad thing in terms of letting gardeners share their planting tips or pet owners giving advice on how to train your pets, it can become a serious problem if false information is given about medical issues.
So when you're surfing the Internet for any kind of medical advice, beware as so much of the information you find is not provided by an authoritative source.
Why the Abundance of Misinformation?
There are two primary reasons that people create websites and articles covering topics such as Mesothelioma and asbestos cancer:
- Making Money
Yes, that's right. Mesothelioma is a top paying keyword when it comes to earning income from Google Adsense and similar programs.
- Marketing & Advertising
There are a lot of attorneys who help people make a case (and big bucks) against buildings that had asbestos which led to a patient's cancer. To promote these lawyer's websites, agencies have freelance writers (not qualified medical professionals) write articles about Mesothelioma to place on sites with a link to the law offices.
Where Can I Find Reliable Information About Mesothelioma?
So with mass number of websites, how do you find the ones you can trust with reliable information about Mesothelioma?
First, talk to your doctor. They will always be able to help you get the best sources of information.
For internet research, the following are good sources for medical information and discussion of asbestos cancer.
- Mesothelioma by Wikipedia (human edited, but has lots of great resources at the end of the page)
- Mesothelioma Questions and Answers from the National Cancer Institute
- Mesothelioma by the Mayo Clinic
- What is Mesothelioma from the American Cancer Society
- About Mesothelioma from Bringham and Women's Hospital (teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School)
- Clinical Trials for Mesothelioma Patients from ClinicalTrials.gov
- Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation
- Mesothelioma by the American Lung Association
- Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization