Methods for Healthy Weight Loss That Really Works
Weight Loss can be trickier than you think. We often want to shed 20 to 30 pounds within one week, which is way too much. So what is the solution? You may lose one pound in the first week and next week, and then it may happen that you don’t lose weight at all. You lose weight when you burn more calorie than you eat. Pretty simple, right? But it’s not. Burning those calories is the toughest job. So what are healthy ways to lose weight that actually works? Weight Loss Diet, Weight Loss Surgery, Exercise or something else? Keep in mind that when diet and exercise fails in reducing extra body fat, weight loss surgery should be your last option to get rid of Obesity and start living healthy life. Let’s check out each factor:
#1 - Weight Loss Diet:
Diet can be very helpful in losing weight. But it takes time to achieve your goals. Tips to achieve a healthy diet:
- Avoid over-the-counter drugs that are easily available in stores. They’re not studied and may not be approved.
- Make a ‘life-change’ routine instead of short term routine like ‘fitting in a party dress’ next week or so. This will only help you reduce weight, instead of fats.
- Cut your sugar consumption. This may very tough for the ‘sweet tooth’ person, but you can’t avoid the fact that sugar has maximum food calorie. Try to cut it out slowly, instead of cutting it out at one instance.
- Fill your food with fiber instead of empty calories that you get from soda, cookies, pasta, etc. Foods like veggies and fruits will help you maintain a healthy diet, without making you crave for food.
#2 - Physical Activity & Exercise:
- Exercise and Diet are the methods that require time and patience. If you want to shed off only that extra weight instead of getting lean drastically, they’re best for you.
- Physical Activity and Exercise are completely different from each other. Physical Activity is something you do everyday like cycling, walking, doing house choirs, etc., whereas exercise involves activities that help in reducing fats.
- Consult your doctor for advice on Weight Loss Exercise. Some only want to reduce fat from tummy while some want to reduce hip portion. Requirements differ from one person to another.
#3 - Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery):
- For some, weight loss surgery is the easiest, safest and the fastest way to lose weight. Losing weight with the help of weight loss surgery can be very effective if you’re suffering from Obesity. You can check weather you are right candidate for bariatric surgery or not by calculating your (BMI) body mass index.
- There are several surgical methods available in the market healthy weight loss, that you can choose from according to your budget.
- Consult your doctor before opting for Weight Loss Surgery method as it is advised for people that have higher or a lower BMI index.
- Several techniques like bariatric surgery is often selected for safe and healthy weight loss.
- Bariatric Surgery encompasses restriction & malabsorption is the preferred method of weight loss surgery.
- Four methods are used in Bariatric Surgery: Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy, Adjustable gastric banding, Illial interposition with Duodenal switch and Gastric Bypass surgery.
- Bariatric Surgery involves reducing the size of the stomach or removal of a portion of the stomach.
- This surgical option is often advised to person that has severe Obesity.
- The surgery is advised for people with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 35 to 40, according to U.S. National Health Institute.
- The surgical cost and side effects depends on the method and place from where it is to be performed.