Movember - No Shave November
2017 Mo Walk
Howdy fellow Mo Walkers! I hope you join me on my 2nd annual Mo Walk on Sunday, November 12th from 4:30pm-5:30pm.
- We will be meeting at the Avalon Park Founders Square (across from the 5&Diner)
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early (4:15pm) because the walk starts at 4:30 sharp.
- I am planning the walk in between football games because I am aware how important football games are.
- I will have goodies to give away. Wristlets, Fake Mustaches, Get Checked stickers, Balloons etc...
- I will also be collecting donations for the Movember Foundation and the Prostate Cancer Foundation. All donations are appreciated.
- Please wear a shade of blue to show your support for Men's Health Awareness. Or your football jersey. Or your company logo. All shirts are acceptable.
- At 4:30pm we will walk around the Avalon Lake. Whether you do 1, 2 or 3 laps is your choice.
- All ages are welcome!
- Help me make my 2nd walk as successful as the 1st!
- See y'all on the 12th! Any questions please ask!
Movember Foundation Fundraiser
Hey Y'all. Thanks for joining me on my Movember challenge to put a face on men's health. Whether you are a Mo Bro or Mo Sis, your voice is an important part of this movement.
Every November, a band of perfectly ordinary men take on the brave task of Movember, growing a moustache for charity in a bid to raise awareness about men's health - prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health issues such as depression and suicide.
Like breast cancer awareness, Movember is a global movement.
Mo Sis's assist Mo Bro's by making noise and nudging men to get checked! They also fundraise to help the Movember Foundation with their research to support Men's Health.
Or Mo Sis's could grow facial hair, which is optional. Hey, ain't nothing wrong with being a bit of a rebel.
What Is Movember?
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Movember and No-Shave November - ABC News
This is why you're seeing baby-faced male coworkers today.
Mo Sis Sunshine
2016 Mo Walk
Local Friends - Save the Date: Friday, November 4th for Avalon's first Mo Walk!
- We will meet in front of the YMCA at 6:20pm.
- We will walk around the downtown lake three times, which equals one mile (not mandatory, just a challenge).
- Wear a shade of blue (unless I already contacted you).
- Donations to Movember are appreciated. My goal is to raise $200.00 but I have no problem with raising much more!
- I will have "Get Checked" stickers and blue Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF.org) wristbands for the first 50 walkers. Maybe I'll bring along a bit of facial hair too!
- Publix will be donating blue balloons for the first 12 kids.
- 30 minutes of your time to help educate others on Men's Health will be worth it.
- Fun is expected. Bring your spouse, kids, neighbors, mailman etc...
This will be the first Mo Walk in Avalon Park, hopefully this will become a new tradition. We could only get bigger and better while we save lives!
Once this challenge is completed I hope that you help to further spread the message to "GET CHECKED" throughout the month and year.
How Much Has Movember Raised For Research?
- Movember United States - Leaderboards
The Movember Foundation is the leading global organisation committed to changing the face of men’s health.
What Are The Benefits Of Movember?
Men feel more at ease to discuss health issues in a relaxed environment. November is their time to spread the word.
To encourage their fellow bros that their health not only affects them, but those who love them. So men should get checked not only for yourselves, but for your families.
Were You Familiar With Movember Before You Read My Article?
Why Do I Advocate For Movember?
For Team Cap! I am continuing on the tradition my late husband and I began 6 years ago. Dave looked forward to No Shave November as his way of raising awareness for Men's Health in a fun way.
Dave passed away in 2015 from Prostate Cancer, but I told him I would continue to make noise. Also because he knew I had a knack for making noise and raising awareness for important causes.
© 2016 Linda Bilyeu