Natural Home Remedies, Honey
Honey is a wonderful healthy food made from the nectar of flowers by bees. Honey is quite often flavored by the kind of flowers the bees have been feeding on. Honey is usually harvested by bee keepers from hives and sometimes on rare occasions from trees in the wild where a hive of bees has made a home.
Honey Has Been Used Throughout History To Treat Various Medical Ailments.
Honey has a long history going back thousands of years. Historically honey has been used to treat various medical ailments. It has strong antibacterial and antiseptic properties and it has been applied to wounds as a topical salve going back 8000 or more years. Today honey i being used to treat wounds that will not heal.
Honey Has Strong Antibacterial Properties.
Honey is now being studied for it's antimicrobial properties which has the potential to treat various ailments. It has recently been discovered that honey has strong antibacterial properties and it is now being used to treat drug resistant bacteria. People with wounds that will not heal are now having honey applied to their wounds and quite often the wounds heal.
Diabetic Ulcers Are Being Treated With Honey.
Diabetic ulcers are one of the main reasons for amputations and raw honey is now being applied to diabetic ulcers and in many cases the diabetic ulcers are healing. In the early Roman Empire days raw honey was often applied to bad infected wounds and quite often the bad wounds would heal up and get better. The early Romans didn't know why the raw honey worked but they knew it did. In today's modern medical studies raw honey is once again being used to treat diabetic ulcers and wounds that will not heal. And in a lot of cases the honey helps the diabetic ulcers and bad wounds to heal.
Health Benefits Of Honey
1. You can mix a little warm honey with apple cider vinegar to make sure that your food digests properly. If you find yourself going through a period of digestive problems you should mix 4 ounces of apple cider vinegar with a heaping tablespoon of raw honey. Drink this as early in the day as possible and you will find your indigestion problems improving.
2. If you find yourself having sleep problems you should make a cup of fresh catnip tea and add a tablespoon of raw honey to the tea. You need to make your catnip tea by bringing the cat nip just to a boil and then turn off the pot. Let the cat nip tea set and steep for at least 10 minutes before you stir a tablespoon of raw honey into the cup of cat nip tea and drink it. It's guaranteed to get you to sleep.
3. You can apply a thin layer of raw honey all over your face and it will greatly improve any acne problems you may have.The honey will not only get rid of your acne but it will also hunt down and get rid of any bacteria associated with the acne and this will keep the acne from coming back.
4. If you have a toothache mix a tablespoon of honey with a tablespoon of cinnamon and apply it to the tooth and the area of the tooth that is giving you problems and in 10 minutes or less your toothache problems will be over.
5. One of the best things that honey can do is help with the battle of the bulge. Honey is one of the best things you can ever use for weight loss. If you want to lose weight and keep it off mix a tablespoon of honey into eight ounces of apple cider vinegar and drink it down as quickly as possible. Drink this as early in the day as you can and you'll find yourself being a lot less hungry.
6. Honey is the perfect food to feed a ulcer. If you know you have a ulcer eat a teaspoon of honey three times a day with at least four hours between each dose. Ulcers are caused partially by bacteria and honey kills bacteria.
7. If you find yourself with a hangover mix a tablespoon of honey into a eight ounce glass of apple juice and the honey and apple juice will cure you of your hangover. It will also help to clean your liver of toxins.
8. For minor cuts and burns you should mix a half cup of honey with a half cup of aloe vera juice and keep this homemade salve in your refrigerator. Be sure to label it so no one will think it's some kind of spread. When you get a minor cut or burn apply some of this homemade salve to it and the cut or burn will heal quickly.
9. Honey is one of the best things you can use for a sore throat. If you find yourself coming down with a sore throat eat a teaspoon of honey. You can heat a glass of water to warm and then stir a teaspoon of honey into the water. Gargle with the honey water to get rid of a sore throat. The honey will kill the bacteria that may be causing the sore throat.
10. If energy is your problem then you need to take eight ounces of apple cider and put it in a blender. To the blender add a small bunch of fresh parsley and a tablespoon of honey and blend it very well and drink. I guarantee you'll be a lot more healthy and you'll have a lot more energy.
Make sure that your honey is as natural as possible with no additives or preservatives. You want all natural honey. The all natural honey will provide you with wonderful health benefits you won't get any other way.
Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey Remedy
Apple Cider Vinegar and honey have long been used by many people around the world to detoxify their bodies. Some even make the claim that it slows down the aging process. If you mix together apple cider vinegar and honey it will detoxify your body of impurities and it the honey has strong antibiotic properties.
When you first taste apple cider vinegar and honey it will probably taste horrible to you but over time you will get used to it and believe it or not but it can help you with all of the below.
1. Premature Aging.
2. Over Weight Problems.
3. Brittle Nails.
4. Bad Breathe.
5. Heat Exhaustion.
6. Food Poisoning.
8. High Blood Pressure.
9. High Cholesterol Levels.
10. High Blood Sugar Readings.
To make up your apple cider vinegar and honey you will want to mix a tablespoon of raw honey in eight ounces of apple cider vinegar and drink it down. If you'll mix the honey up very well in the apple cider vinegar it will taste a lot better. Some people mix it up very well and then they chill it in the freezer for 30-45 minutes and then they stir it again very well and drink it down. It has really helped me with heartburn and indigestion problems.
If my blood sugar levels go up high I mix up a glass of the apple cider vinegar and honey and drink it all down. Just use care because it can cause blood sugar readings to drop quickly in some people.
Honey And Cinnamon Is Another Great Home Health Remedy
Mixing honey and cinnamon has been used for thousands of years by Chinese Health Practitioners. They say that when honey and cinnamon are combined that you have one of the perfect herbal remedies. And honey and cinnamon are great for a multitude of ailments. And these include.
1. Heart disease. And here the treatment is easy. Mix honey and cinnamon together and have it on a piece of toast each morning and you'll find over time that your heart will get a lot more healthy.
2. If you find that your losing your hair mix together a paste made of olive oil, cinnamon, and honey and warm it in the microwave and work it into your hair. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
3. If you think you have a bladder infection mix a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon up in a glass of water and drink it twice a day and your bladder infection should clear right up.
4. If you have pimples mix honey and cinnamon up into a paste and apply it to the pimples before you go to bed. In the morning wash your face with warm soapy water. This really works great on some people.
5. If your bothered by allergies mix up a teaspoon of honey with a teaspoon of cinnamon and drink it as early in the day as you can.
6. If you need to lose weight have your water boiling first and then put a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon in a cup and then while you stir it add your boiling water and drink the honey and cinnamon tea. If you'll do this each day before breakfast you'll find yourself a lot less hungry through out the day.
7. Cinnamon and honey both have insulin boosting power and if you'll drink a tea made of honey and cinnamon at least three times a day your blood sugar levels will eventually level out to where you have healthy blood sugar readings on a regular basis.
There are just so many wonderful things that honey and cinnamon can do for you and you should do your own extensive research to see what honey and cinnamon can do for you.
Raw Unprocessed Honey Is The Best For Medicinal Purposes
It is widely known that raw unprocessed honey is the best for medicinal purposes. Processed honey does have some of the good things filtered out of it so always try to purchase natural or organic honey for the best results.
Did you know that burn victims who are treated with raw honey recover at twice the rate of those treated with other methods. If you have a burn clean it with a saline solution and then cover it with a thin layer of raw honey. Leave the honey on for 2 hours and then wash off with the saline solution and apply another application of raw honey. Of course if it is a major burn go to an emergency room or doctor. However people who have treated minor sun burns with honey have discovered the honey is almost a miracle cure.
If you have toe fungus or athletes feet put a tablespoon each of honey, cinnamon, and cayenne powder in a small foot pan or tub and soak your feet in it and the toe fungus or athletes feet will be cured.
It is interesting to note that honey is now being used in major burn centers to treat burns. And it appears that it is working and working well.
Honey And Lemon For Weight Loss.
Honey and lemon is being used by a lot of people for weight loss and in some cases the honey and lemon is a miracle. Honey is not only great for obesity but it's also great for lowering cholesterol.
What you may not know is that honey mobilizes the stored fat in the body and allows it to be used for energy and it purifies the blood getting rid of body toxins.
Mix a teaspoon of raw honey in a eight ounce glass of lukewarm water with two teaspoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice. This drink should be taken as early in the day as possible. It will clean the toxins out of your body. This is also known as the honey-lemon tonic.
One thing that some overweight people are doing is fasting for a day on honey and lemon to lose weight. Honey keeps up the energy level and prevents you from being hungry and the lemon helps to rid the body of it's toxins. They usually do this all day and then have a meal of delicious steamed fish and vegetables in the evening.
The ancient Greeks and Romans drank the honey and lemon tonic drink every morning and after big meals. They claimed that it worked wonders for them. The ancient Greeks and Romans made use of a lot of herbs and other natural cures that we don't use today and many of them are being rediscovered. And many of those natural cures do work. And quite often work very well.
Fruit Cocktail Super Drink
A lot of people are making a fruit cocktail super drink. They are making this drink out of peeled pieces of apple, banana , pineapple, peaches, blueberries and honey and lemon. You can use any combination of those fruits and two tablespoons of lemon juice and two tablespoons of raw honey. You puree your drink up smooth in a blender and you can add crushed ice if you want to.
This mixed up fruit cocktail super drink can be used to replace a meal and it really is good for you. You can also use carrots, parsley, or oranges also if you want to. Drink this drink as early as you can in the morning and you'll find yourself a lot less hungry through out the day and you'll also have great energy.
I have personally used the fruit cocktail super drink and it works great for me.
Honey Is An Excellent Source Of Energy
If you wake up in the morning feeling just washed out and out of energy try eating a couple of pieces of whole wheat toast spread with creamy peanut butter and honey. I use a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of peanut butter for a quick pick me up. If I want a lot of energy later in the day I mix up the below in the blender.
1. Eight Ounces Of Whole Milk.
2. One Teaspoon Cinnamon.
3. Two Tablespoons Of Honey.
4. Two Tablespoons Of Creamy Peanut Butter.
I mix it up well in my blender and drink it down quickly for a quick burst of energy that doesn't burn out quickly. If you feel like you might be coming down with a cold or flu add a small bunch of fresh parsley leaves to your drink mix and I guarantee you that in an hour or two you'll feel wonderful.You can supercharge this healthy drink by including a teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper in it.
Can Honey Cure Or Help To Cure Cancer.
Honey is currently being studied for the possibility that it can cure or help to cure cancer. It's already known that honey has strong antibacterial properties and it has been shown to slow or stop the growth of tumors in laboratory animals.
Down through out history herbal practitioners have known that honey could cure many of the things wrong with the human body. Herbal Practitioners in ancient Greece and Rome used honey and salves made from honey to cure cuts, burns, and wounds. Wounds that would not heal were often spread with raw honey and every day the wound was washed and fresh raw honey was applied and in no time at all the wound that would not heal would be healed.
We now know that this was because honey has strong antibacterial properties that not even our modern antibiotics could match. Studies are now being done on diabetic wound care and honey. During the American Civil War honey was used as an antibiotic and it worked well. May men got to keep legs and arms that were cured of infection by thick applications of honey on their wounds.
The ancient Greeks and Romans used honey to treat yeast infections, toe fungus and athletes feet and the honey worked and worked miracles. The ancient Greeks mixed honey half and half with aloe vera juice and it worked just like a modern antibacterial ointment.
It continues to amaze me at how little research there is being done on things like honey. We know that honey works as a all natural cure. But in many cases we don't now why. More research needs to be done on things like honey and even medical researchers might be surprised at what they discover.
This Hub Page Is For Information Purposes Only
This Hub Page is offered for information purposes only and is in no way medical advice. Herbal medicine works and works great but you need to work with your doctor with herbal medicine. If your doctor doesn't want to work with you with herbs and herbal medicine find a doctor or herbal practitioner who will. Or consider becoming a herbal practitioner yourself. Honey has been used for thousands of years for various medical uses. But you should do extensive research yourself and find out everything you can about honey.
Thank You For Reading My Hub Page
I want to thank you for reading my Hub Page on Honey and I hope you will consider sharing this Hub Page on Natural Herbal Remedies and Honey with all your friends and family members. Please send them a link to this Hub Page and THANKS FOR SHARING.