- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Natural Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
It is a natural human behavior to always take good care of facial skin and skin of upper body parts. In the process of looking young and dynamic, people forget about the aesthetic appearance of feet and this happens with women more than men just because most men wear socks and shoes and this keeps their feet covered all day long when they are outside and most women wear sandals, slip-ons (chappals), and slippers. In this way, men keep their feet protected from outside injuries and dust and also keep them hydrated and does not experience dry or cracked skin but women’s feet are not covered properly exposing them to small cuts and lacerations on the feet. This problem is further deteriorated due to wearing high heels.
Also, the lack of caring for feet leads to dry skin conditions to the point of cracking, especially in the heels, which can become a serious situation when the injury reaches the dermis layer of skin. Some also experience severe pain and discomfort while walking due to the cracked heels. This happens because the cracks or fissures are arranged regularly generating linear wounds in the epidermis but when they reach the dermis they become truly painful. To avoid this and improve the appearance of feet, please go through the below listed home remedies for cracked heels:
- Obesity is often a cause of excessive pressure on heel pads that act as natural buffers and this excess pressure combined with dry skin conditions leads to breakdown of skin around the heels, but this condition does not only occur due to an external situation, it can also be due to lack of nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids and minerals such as zinc in the body.
- Application of butter or hydrogenated vegetable oil is a very effective home remedy for treating cracked heels naturally, but one should keep in mind to first of all wash feet in the areas affected by dryness and cracks followed by application of a thick layer of butter or hydrogenated vegetable oil. After that, you can wear socks all night leaving the application as is. This home remedy gives excellent results in very little time.
- Another home remedy for cracked heels is the pulp of ripe banana to be applied in the affected area for 20 minutes and then rinse and rub the heels with lemon juice and sugar, leaving them for 5 minutes and wash. This procedure should be done twice a day to achieve desired results.
- Lemon is an excellent home remedy for dry heels, especially cracked heels. Feet should be immersed in lemon juice and hot water for 10 minutes every day when the condition is present and once a week as a preventive measure.
So above were a few natural remedies for cracked heels. Using these remedies combined with proper foot care, keeping them hydrated, covering them at least twice a week in socks will help you cure this condition as soon as possible.