Nightmare Experience in the Household
Living room wall with black molds
This pictures were taken in our previous apartment. My family and I got sick due to four kinds of molds we breath everyday. So, to those people who live in the apartment make sure that there are no molds in it.
This was my second nightmare experienced in the apartment here in Montreal... it was just too bad that even the judge in the Rental Board didn't recognized this pictures as evidence of our slam landlord, who didn't do anything but just lying in front of the court that he cannot speak nor understand English.
Moving Into Another Slam Apartment
My family and I had been moved to this apartment due to the problem of our previous apartment which was the infestation of bedbugs and cockroaches. These bugs created so much trouble of my children health and made them traumatized that if they went out they didn't want to go back in. These problems arise everyday. We're having sleeping difficulty, etc. Therefore, we asked advised from the Rental Board. First step the agent said, send letter of complain to the landlord and give them at least 10 days to comply or fix the problem. Second, if the landlord do not fix the problem abandon the place, go to the rental board office and file for abandonment and leave the apartment including your stuff... Next, file a charge how much you lost for abandonment including expenses which occur on that particular period of time. We did all of those, however, we did not win the case. Too bad!
Anyhow, here we are, after two months of abandoning our previous place, I noticed the black spots started to grow on the plug near our stove which really bothers me. I just simply wiped it off everyday. Then, I noticed moisture on the wall and on the windows. Again, I just wiped it and I made it as a habit. Of course, I told my husband about it and reported to our landlord without knowing that our present landlord was a relative to our previous one. What a coincidence wasn't I? or perhaps one of our bad luck!
Some reasons why the molds exist in an Apartment
Apparently, one and very obvious reason, the apartment is very damp and too much moisture. The basic procedure to clean up molds doesn't help at all to get rid of the spreading of the molds in a households. We need professionals to do it and proper procedures.
Signs of the Molds
There are four main signs where molds are present in the households.
- Moisture on the surfaces
- Stains on the Wall
- Unusual odor
- Health response from people who inhaled the air with molds
Landlord Doesn't want To Do Anything
In addition to that, he didn't do anything, he just want us to move, so he can find another person to live there and getting sick. My second nightmare begun, after Christmas, we've been experienced too much cold, coughing everyday. My children and husband went to the doctors because of difficulty breathing, itchiness and rashes. Then, I begun to feel the same thing, or worst. I had redness and itchiness in my eyes for a week, vomiting and feeling tired everyday even if I didn't do anything, above all, for seven consecutive days, I have fever...that's so much? Because of these symptoms, we hired private professional molds investigator and city health inspector. They both came. The result of the investigation from the private company says it all... five types of molds were breathing for the whole time we're living and causes such sickness. From the City Health Inspector... give ten days noticed your landlord, from then we can do further investigation... What happen to us? Continue breathing and living the nightmare. Wow! cool hmm...
Wishing and hoping still to have justice, we went to the rental board for the second time. And for the second time, we loss... One judge who faced us on the first hearing advice us to bring pictures as evidence and the result of the investigation as a support for the second hearing but the second judge did not recognized the pictures as evidence, nor the result of the investigation and the report from the city that we had called for complain, all of those were useless. She didn't even looked at it. What a beautiful judge, isn't she?
Too much for that, we're not allowed to speak??? The judge ask the landlord what language he speak and he replied French... but he can speak English... He knows, we don't speak French, only English! However, the Judge didn't asked us if we speak and understand such language. What a bias! Anyhow, we didn't understand what was going on inside, what we know was we loss the case.
Types of Molds & Description
Types of Molds
This type of molds do not usually produce life-threatening and are likely to affect to those who are already have asthma.
Produces some type of infection. They can cause serious health effects in persons with suppressed immune systems.
Mycotoxins can cause serious health effects in almost anybody.
Watch out For the Black Mold. So Dangerous!
Black Mold is the most dangerous of all. It produces all kinds of health problems to anyone who exposed and breath in like;
- Respiratory problems - it involves labored breathing, wheezing, chest congestion, increased production of mucus, chronic coughing, and frequent respiratory tract illnesses. May experience a burning sensation in the throat or suffer from nosebleeds as well.
- Induced allergy - such as runny nose, watery red eyes, coughing, itchy nose & Throat.
- Nervous System Disorder - Toxicity of the black molds can produce PEA and Glutamate where these brain chemicals produces electrifying brain signals that can create to an over electrified nervous system. In such a case, this may results of insomnia, anxiety attacks, panic disorder and bipolar disorder.
- Skin Trouble - rashes, hives blisters, skin inflammation can be caused by black mold poisoning.
- Circulatory System Disorders - Hemorrhaging, blood clotting, irregular heartbeat, and low blood pressure are some common circulatory system disorders caused by mold toxicity.
- Pregnancy defects, infertility & miscarriage
- Other symptoms are; Vision troubles, eye inflammation, blurry vision, ringing in the ears, hearing loss, sensitivity to sounds, bad taste in the mouth, weight loss And hair loss, urinary tract infection, problems in urination, pain the liver & other internal organs.