Overcome Trauma With TAT Technique
Natural disaster always come along with sadness. Especially if that took the lives of our loved ones, it would lead to a sense of trauma and deep sadness for the deceased.
Like the earthquake of 7.6 on the Richter Scale occurred in Pariaman, West Sumatra - Indonesia. Hundreds of buildings in ruins, many people(more than 700 people died) were injured and died.
The sense of trauma could be difficult to avoid if we've been in this situation. One way to overcome the trauma of the Indonesia proposed holistic medicine expert, Reza Gunawan, is with TAT (Tapas Acupressure Technique).
TAT is a simple and effective technique to create a sense of peace, relaxation, and healthy in a short time. TAT is one form of therapy in a group of Energy Psychology which is rapidly growing.
This technique is done by lightly touching a few acupuncture points on the head, while directing the attention of the traumatic people to the problem they want to be solved. By touching these points, it can give the effect of reducing the sense of trauma, so that thoughts and feelings of the bad-mood heart goes down, especially after experiencing traumatic events.
The following steps TAT movement that you can follow:
1. With one hand, lightly touch one of your tear duct with the thumb, then put the ring finger from the same hand and lightly touch on the other tear duct. Point on the tip of the eye and go up about 3 mm from the tip of the eye.
2. Touch lightly with the same hand, your middle finger at the point between the eyebrows or the center line of your face and move it above about 1 cm or 1/2 inch.
3. Then place your other hand in the back of your head (cupping the back of your head) with the palm touching the back of your head until your thumb on the tip of your hairline. The palm will sustain your skull base. When you touch the TAT point to someone else, the hand location is still the same, but your little finger touches the back hairline. Give a lightly touch, with no pressure at all.
4. If you want to do this technique in children under the age of 11 years, put your palm in front of his forehead and closed the upper half of the eye. For infants, people with severe illness condition, or not comfortable being touched, the TAT position is the same only make a distance about 3 to 5 cm from the patient's head.
5. Every TAT step only takes about 1 minute or until you feel you've done. The patient may sense a spontaneous relief and feel no burden anymore. You may feel the sensation of energy released.
When doing TAT, you may release and rest the arms anytime. You may open or close the eyes. Do the TAT technique in maximum 45 minutes a day. Drink plenty of mineral water about 6- 8 glass per day while doing TAT.
A piece of story from Padang (West Sumatra) Earthquake,
Ramlan (18) a young man from Galudra Village, Purwakarta, West Java. He arrived in Padang at September 28 with his 18 buddies to work as a constuction worker in one cell phone provider building project. In Wednesday afternoon, September 30, the Minangkabau's Land (Padang) rocked by the earthquake. Ramlan who was in 7th floor of the building tried to escape but his right leg was strucked down by a heavy concrete (about one ton weigh). Panicked and terrified, Ramlan tried to release his leg but unsuccessful. So, without hesitation he started to cut his leg with a hoe. He failed to cut his leg and he called one of his buddy with the cell phone to help him. His friend who had been outside, re-entered the building and really shocked to the Ramlan condition. His leg was badly injured and bleeding. Ramlan asked his friend Eman (50) to cut his right leg with a saw. First, Eman refused it but he did not want to leave Ramlan and they were afraid if the building will collapse. Finally, Eman did it. He cut Ramlan's leg with a saw. It took about 30 minutes and the pain was unbearable. He carried Ramlan down use the freight elevator. Ramlan was carried to the Hospital and had a major operation for his leg. The first question he asked when he was conscious : Could I have an artificial leg ? He had to work so he need his leg.
With Ramlan case I think he needs more than a TAT technique, I can not imagine the trauma he had feel about. He's a very brave young man.
Related Link and Hub
TATLife - the home of the Tapas Acupressure Technique and Tapas Fleming
- How Do We Predict the Earthquake
Since December 2004, until now Indonesia has suffered many catastrophes like Aceh tsunami and earthquake, Nias earthquake, Jogjakarta earthquake, Tasikmalaya earthquake, and most recent West and South Sumatra...