Peptic ulcer and its' home remedies
I have been experiencing stomach pains since I was in college and my doctor said that I have a Peptic Ulcer. So what is peptic ulcer? Peptic ulcer are sores that develop in the mucosal wall like our stomach, pylorus, duodenum and esophagus. The most common ulcer is duodenal ulcer. Helicobacter Pylori or H.Pylori is the bacteria associated with ulcer. Ulcer may develop at an early age like nowadays, as early as 16 years old has an ulcer since they tend to skipped meals, drink soda, and eat spicy foods.
The symptoms of Peptic Ulcer are:
- Gnawing pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Burning sensation in the mid epigastrum or in the back area
- Burping with a sour eructation
- Can be treated with antacids (which I have wherever I go) but it can only neutralize the acidity in our body and the pain usually returns without any triggering factor. If this happens, please do seek a doctor and the doctor may give medicines for the pain and the treatment of the ulcer. The doctor may also suggest an endoscopy (visualization) to determine the ulcer and its' severity. The instrument that is used is an endoscope.
My tips to prevent ulcer:
- You have to manage stress or other factors that triggers the pain.
- Avoid smoking, drinking alcoholic beverages, drinking citrus juices or eating fruits that contain citrus, and spicy foods.
- Have an healthy diet. You have to eat 3 times a day and if you feel hungry please do not wait for your time. Bring with you snacks that can ease your hunger.
- Bring with you an antacid if pain occurs.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water
We have to stay healthy if we wanted to live longer and remember health is wealth!