Performing a Machine Tricep Extensions
Machine triceps extension is an exercise that tones and improves the triceps using an exercise machine. It is considered a beginner’s exercise routine for its simplicity. There are several kinds of triceps extension machine, but they work the same muscle groups and render the same results. In this article, we will discuss the triceps extension exercises and the machines used to execute them. We will call the exercises standing and seated. Here’s how they are done.
- Do the starting position. You will need to use a triceps extension machine with a V-bar. This bar is attached to a cable. Now, begin by standing in front of the machine, with a straight back and feet slightly apart. Grip each handle of the V-bar with your hands. Your arms should be bent at the elbows and should be parallel with the V-bar.
- Execute the exercise. Push the V-bar down, stretching the cable downward and making your arms straight. You will begin to feel the contraction in the triceps, which is a good indication you are doing the exercise right. Inhale as you push the bar.
- Return to the starting position. Slowly bend your arms again, allowing the cable to move up and the V-bar to be level with your elbows. Exhale. Repeat the standing exercise for eight counts; less if your body is not yet capable of doing many repetitions.
- Prepare the machine. In the seated exercise, you have to use the triceps extension machine that has a cushioned seat and handles that you have to grip. Start by adjusting the weight level in the machine. Set the weight at the level your body can handle.
- Position yourself. Sit comfortably on the machine, making sure the seat is at an appropriate height. If there is a need, adjust the height of the seat. Now, lean your back on the backrest. Sit straight, with your feet on the ground.
- Rest your arms on the pad. Your chest should be leaning against the pad, while the back of the arms should be comfortably resting on it. Now, grab the handles, their ends should be at eye level and your palms should be facing one another.
- Begin the exercise. When you are ready, start to push the machine handles out as you inhale. Stretch your arms out straight without moving your shoulders. You will feel a contraction in the triceps as extend your arms. Hold this position for a second or two.
- Go back to the starting position. Move your hands in, lifting the handles and bringing them to eye level in the process. Exhale. Now, make sure to slowly go back to the first position to prevent straining the muscles. Repeat the seated exercise for around eight times, but make sure not to force your body. If you can’t bring yourself to do repetitions, decrease the weight or rest for a while.
Remember to do the exercises slowly, especially during your first attempts. Both are challenging to do if you are a first-timer, and it’s not necessary to execute them at a fast pace. Take your time. Ultimately, it’s precision you should be after.