- Diet & Weight Loss
9 Reasons why our Weight Loss Programs fail
Reasons for not Losing Weight
Majority of people who go in for Weight Loss Plans fail miserably and never gets into shape. There are several reasons for the failure and a understanding of those reasons can help one to succeed in losing weight.
Check out the reasons given below to succeed in losing weight.
9 Reasons for Failure in Losing Weight
Given below are 9 reasons for the failure in losing weight.
- Lack of Dedication: Weight loss plans need a lot of dedication from the individual and consistency. People tend to think of weight loss as something temporary and go with our natural instincts and eat or do what we like than what is good for us. Losing weight and getting in great shape requires a high degree of commitment to follow the weight loss regime like daily exercise sessions, healthy diet, leaving unhealthy habits etc. One who wants to succeed in his efforts should give priority to his weight loss regime.
- Social Obligations and Temptations: Many of our social obligations include food and when we go for a function or a party we tend to indulge in it rather than restrain and as a result ends up gaining weight. Also when one is tired and there are Restaurants near food and delivery at doorsteps we tend to opt for unhealthy outside food than cook a healthy meal at home.
- Not making Lifestyle Changes: Another reason why a lot of people do not lose weight is simply due to the fact that they never change their old lousy habits. Some may get on a diet and exercise for some time but go back on the same old routine and find it hard to stick to their new plan.
- Lack of Patience: Many expect miracles within days of starting the plan and jump into the weighing scale often. When they do not see a significant change they get disappointed and lose hope. What they fail to get into their mind is that they have not put on the weight overnight and it is unrealistic to expect a weight loss overnight.
- Lack strong desire to stick to the Plan: To get into shape one need to be willing to do the things that are necessary including making lifestyle changes. A diet plan may mean cutting on alcohol consumption, sweets and fast foods. If your desire to indulge in unhealthy habits is far stronger than their desire to lose weight and get in great shape you would fail in your plan. We find it easy to give excuses for not doing things than accept and change our shortcomings.
- We want short cuts: Many fall prey to weight loss programs offering fast results with no efforts or less efforts without realizing that they are mostly marketing gimmicks and give up when they fail to give results.
- Strict Diets: Some Diet Plans are too strict to follow that we get fed up or give into cravings which will add to our weights.
- Trying on our Own: This is one common mistake made by people. It is better to hire an expert to plan your weight loss program and supervise you and motivate you into doing it right. Also if you have a friend in a similar situation as you then you can push each other not to quit.
- Unrealistic Goals or No Goals: ‘Rome is not built in a single day’. Those who set unrealistic goals end up frustrated when they don’t achieve it and then give up trying. We need to have a realistic goal and a good plan of action on how to achieve those goals. It is also important to write it down and record the progress.
Obesity is the main reason for several diseases, so let us stick on to our weight loss plans to reduce weight.
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.— Confucius
Advice on Weight Loss, Healthy Eating & Motivation Tips!
© 2009 Anamika S