Why You Can't Lose Weight
What to do to Lose Weight
1. Weighing Too Often... Weight fluctuates on a daily basis, for women based on your menstrual cycle. Don't jump on the scale everyday, rather weigh once a week in the morning after you wake up.
2. Picking Throughout The Day... Think those bites here and there throughout the day don't matter, wrong. We tend to do this as habit and a lot times aren't really aware that we are picking. Write down everything you eat and drink.
3. Not Enough Exercise... The minimum recommend to aid in reducing the risk of cancer and heart disease is at least 30 minutes daily. For losing weight it is recommended 60 minutes of activity daily. Remember, start small and work your way up. If all you can do is 15 minutes a day, that's great ! Just be consistent.
4. Lace of Sleep... Our bodies need at least seven hours of sleep a night.
5. Weekend Splurging... Instead of going all out, choose a few small indulgences throughout the week. This will help you not feel deprived.
Things to Avoid to Lose Weight
6. Underestimating Calories... Choose to eat in more often. If you do go out to eat, choose from the lower calorie items or simple items.
7. Drinking Liquid Calories... Opt for water or other non-calorie drinks. Smoothies and protein drinks in small portions are good. Just watch the ingredients used.
8. Overindulging on Healthy Foods... Nuts, olive oil, brown rice, whole wheat bread and avacados are all very healthy choices. Just watch the portion sizes. It's good to measure them out so you get a better idea of how much you should eat.
9. Rewarding Yourself With Food... The classic mistake of "I just exercised an hour and deserve an ice-cream sundae." Reward yourself with non-food rewards like new music, manicure, bubble bath or a good book.
10. Incorrect Facts... Get facts by researching reputable websites like the U.S. Department of Agriculture's www.choosemyplate.gov or find a registered dietitian that will help you sort out fact from fiction.