- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Remedy Me: Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acne
Acne happens to everyone, those red irritating pimples that you just can't seem to get rid of....until now!
Learning the Facts
Your skin in the largest organ that you have, helping to protect you from bacteria and viruses that harm your body. Inside your hair follicles there are glands that produce oil (Sebum). When there's too much Sebum, dead skin cells, or something preventing the oil from exiting your body a blockage occurs and causes acne.
Acne is most common in your teenage years appearing on your face, back or shoulders when your dealing with and puberty but it can effect anyone.
While drugs can be prescribed to you, there are also natural home remedies you can try!
If your dealing with acne you might experience:
- Crusting of skin bumps
- Small red bumps (called Papules)
- Redness where the skin is irritated
- Whiteheads (White raised bumps on the skin seen with acne)
- Blackheads (small dark spots on your skin, often around the nose area)
Grapes are rich with antioxidants, and fight against aging and pollutants to keep your skin lively and clean.
- Take a few fresh grapes and squeeze them, massaging the pulp over the troublesome areas, like your face for a couple minutes. Allow your face to dry for 20 minutes or so and wash with cold water.
Believe or not Tomato Pulp is very good for clearing out acne and absorbing the oil in your skin.
- A mixture of equal parts Cucumber Juice and Tomato Pulp will unclog pores and prevent further bacteria!
Strawberries can be a tasty dessert but can be zit zappers! Containing Salicylic Acid, Strawberries will leave your face glowing!
- Mash up a few strawberries, until you get a pasty texture and apply to acne (but not around the eye area), leave it on your skin for 20 minutes and wash off with cold water. (Do this twice a week for 3 months for best results)
Cucumber is known to cool and sooth the skin.
- Take a cucumber and blend it into a paste, add a teaspoon of plain yogurt and apply to acne. Leave on for 30 minutes, then wash off with cold water.
Not just a good cooking ingredient! Baking Soda can also make your skin pimple free!
- Add a couple drops of water to a few teaspoons of Baking Soda and combine well until it makes a thick paste. Apply the paste all over the pimple prone areas or just apply directly to the pimples and leave it on until it drys. Once dry, wash your face with lukewarm water.
A common household item Toothpaste can work wonders for pimples!
- Apply a thin layer of toothpaste (not the Gel kind) to your pimples overnight to help dry them out!
Tea Tree Oil
A popular remedy for acne, Tea Tree Oil acts as an antiseptic to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Apply one drop of tea tree oil to affected area 2-3 times a day.
Aloe Vera Gel
Not only good for sunburn, Aloe Vera will help to take the redness out of acne and reduce any swelling.
- Up to twice a day, rub a generous amount of Aloe Vera Gel between your palms, massaging it into your skin.
These are some of the best remedies for persistent acne, while they might not work for everyone, they are a healthy alternative!