Controlling Your Appetite
Following balanced diet is the most common way to loosing weight but it is often difficult to stay away from certain foods completely. Those foods are our favourite and we can't simply do away with them, but there are ways to help you control intense appetite for these foods.
Below are tips that can help you control your appetite.
- Stick to regular sleep pattern. Studies show that depriving yourself sleep causes inbalance of the hormones Leptin and Grehlin. Low levels of leptin increases hunger while Grehlin stimulates appetite thus an inbalance of these hormones can make you over eat.
- Eat 30 minutes after work out. Studies have shown that exercise increases appetite therefore people are tempted to eat large portions of food after work out. Allowing 20 to 30 minutes after work out before meals reduces appetite.
- Eat fruits and vegetables before meals. There are many benefits of eating fruits and vegetables before meals, one of them is it provides enough fibre that fills up your tummy and prevents you from over eating the bulk of the main meal.
- Go in for smaller portions of food. Having larger portions increases the temptation to eat all the food served.
- Take your time to eat. Take meals slowly rather than rushing, this way your brain can tell when you are getting full. Eating slowly and enjoying it is better than rushing with a larger portion to satisfy your appetite.
- Try as much as possible not to starve yourself.
- Drink plenty of water as this fills up your tummy and restrains you from over eating.
- You can also go in for appetite suppressant supplements, but you do not want to use drugs so stick to the natural ways to suppress appetite and it will work for you.
Remember slimming takes a lot of effort, there will be days when you will feel intense hunger and intense appetite for food but learning to control your appetite can be very helpful.