Signs and Symptoms of Ovarian Cysts
Cyst on the Left and Ovary on the Right
What is an Ovarian Cyst
An Ovarian cyst is a small fluid-filled sac that develops in a woman's ovaries women of any age can be affected by them. The cause of the cyst is when a follicle fails to rupture and release the egg, the fluid could remain and form a cyst in the ovary. It is quite common for it to normally happen in one of the ovaries. Many cysts are (functional) meaning it has nothing to do with the disease of any type and others are (benign) meaning non-cancerous which can disappear within a few weeks.
Ovarian Cyst Causes
Causes of Ovarian Cysts
There are several causes that can lead but not limited to Ovarian Cysts.
1. The Early menstrual cycle before 12 years of age.
2. Irregular menstrual cycles with continual skipping each month.
3. Hypothyroidism can aid in the creation of Ovarian Cysts.
4. Non-conception and infertility.
Ovarian Cyst Symptoms
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, contact your gynecologist or physician. Request an ultrasound.
1. Pelvic pain after sexual intercourse or exercise.
2. Irregular menstrual cycles are not normal. Seek a physician if it becomes a pattern.
3. Feeling of lower pressure or fullness.
5. Vaginal spotting or pain.
6. Nausea or Vomiting.
When To Seek A Physician
If you have had or are having any of these please make an appointment to see your Doctor.
2. Persistent Fever
3. Anemia (from loss of blood)
4. Increased facial hair
5. Unexplained Weight Loss
6. Excessive thirst or urination
7. Abdominal tenderness
A handful of reasons to seek a Physician. An Ovarian Cyst cannot cause a miscarriage but many others possibilities could. He/she will advise and take the step necessary to eliminate the issue. He may choose to prescribe medication or may decide on surgery, whatever he/she decides will be the right decision for you.
© 2008 Julianna