- Quality of Life & Wellness
Sinificance of Prayer
Who Needs Prayer?
We all need prayers especially those who are far from God. We pray for each one of us here on earth especially our love ones. Everybody really needs a prayer because all of us are prone to mistakes and sin. We are all obliged to pray especially if we commit mistakes.
Types of Prayer
PRAYER OF PETITION
This kind of prayer is your own way of communicating to God especially if you are asking God for something you long to have. It is using your own word to talk to the Lord as if He was your friend asking for a simple request.
PRAYER OF WORSHIP AND PRAISE
It is a prayer wherein you are thanking and praising the Lord. In this prayer you're not asking God for anything. You adore Him and thank Him for who He is and what He has done for you.
In this kind of prayer you are approaching God on behalf of other person.
It is two or more believers pray together and this is the most powerful prayer.
When Is The Right Time To Pray?
There is no Schedule in prayer. It is up to us where can we give that special time to our Lord.
Prayer is not ruled by the clock but by our desire to connect with God. A daily habit of prayer is much better. We must pray every now and then especially in making every decisions in our lives.
We must pray round the clock.
When we start and end our day in conversation with God, “Then, the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:7). We will be able to sleep peacefully at night, and have everything we need for each day.
Snacks: 5-minute prayer
Lunch: 15-minute prayer
Snacks: 5- minute prayer
Dinner: 30-minute prayer
Daily Prayer: Praying the Hours
"Glaodh àrd, is urnuigh ni mi ris, moch, feasgar, s meadhon-là,
Is eisdidh e gu grad ri m ghlaodh."-Psalm 55:17 in Gaelic
"Evening, and morning, and at noon will I pray, and cry aloud;
and he shall hear my voice."-Psalm 55:17
The Threefold Daily Prayers:
9:00 A.M. (Third Hour)- The Lord's Prayer
"Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil."
Noon (Sixth Hour)- 23rd Psalm
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."
3:00 P.M (Ninth Hour)- Psalm 117
"Praise the Lord, all ye nations; praise Him all ye people: For His merciful kindness is great toward us: And the truth of the Lord endureth forever. Praise ye the Lord."
Effects Of Prayer
- Strength. Weakness will flee cause the Holy Spirit will shaken our hearts.
- Separation. Prayer separates you from sin.
- Wisdom.Thru prayer we gain wisdom.
- Beauty. Prayer drives the effect of sin thus clothing us in beautiful garments
- Understanding. We learn to open our hearts and minds to unpredictable situations.
- Liberty/ Freedom. Once we pray we become free from distractions
- Surrender. We submit ourselves to God thru prayer.
- Redemption. Prayer will remove the desire to revisit the old neighborhoods of your past lifestyle, and you will be delivered from your enemies, habits, and environments.
- Revelation.When you commit yourself to a powerful prayer life and call upon the Lord often, you will hear His voice and know divine revelation.