- Health Care, Drugs & Insurance»
- Prescription & Over-the-Counter Drugs
Smart Drug Review: Brainergy Advanced Cognitive Support Supplements
Brainergy: A Smart Drug
Brainergy is a nootropic (a drug intended to improve brain functions) supplement designed to increase energy, concentration and focus and lift your mood. It contains 5 different B vitamins plus 10 nootropic ingredients and, at over 1400 mg. of active herbal ingredients (more than twice the amount found in Focus Factor), boasts the finest proprietory list of ingredients in it's class of drugs.
Where to Find It
Evo-X Health Products introduced Brainergy in 2014. It is sold exclusively through Amazon. Sales have been impressive and it has had hundreds of positive reviews on that site and elsewhere.
A bottle of Brainergy should last you at least a month if you take the recommended dosage of 2 capsules every 6 hours. As it goes for around $32 a bottle, that's not a bad deal.
Does It Work?
When I found 'Brainergy' supplements online, I was excited and decided to give it a try. I have ADHD, so I have very poor focus and concentration, especially at work. My doctor once prescribed me a medication-Adderall-that made me jittery, so the thought of a natural supplement was appealing to me.
The first time I tried Brainergy, I only took 1 capsule (the directions call for two capsules every 6 hours). I didn't feel any different almost 3 hours later. So, 6 hours later, now at work, I took 2 capsules with my lunch because I know B vitamins work best when taken with food.
5 hours later, I realized my workday was almost over, I had gotten all my work done and I wasn't 'lagging' like usual. I was sharp, focused and felt good. There was no crash like I used to get from my prescription or from energy drinks. I was even less hungry than usual!
What Are The Ingredients In Brainergy Supplements?
The ingredients listed on the bottle are all natural...B vitamins, Ginseng, Ginko Biloba, Bicopa Monnieri and Rhodiola Rosea to name a few. They are all plant-based ingredients. It does contain some caffeine but it doesn't say how much. It does give the amounts of the B vitamins but not the other ingredients... I listed them all the ingredients at the bottom of the page with the doses of the B vitamins.
I checked online for any studies that were done and I found that, while no studies were conducted on the supplement itself, there HAS been extensive research on each of the ingredients and all are safe. There have been no reported side effects except a few reports of feeling jittery from the caffeine and I myself had absolutely no side effects at all.
Here is the list of ingredients as listed on the bottle:
- Vitamin B1 5mg or 333% DV
- Vitamin B2 2.5mg or 147% DV
- Vitamin B3 20mg or 100% DV
- Vitamin B6 5mg or 250 % DV
- Vitamin B12 130mcg or 2,167% DV
- Caffeine-Provides mental alertness
- L-Theanine-Provides mental alertness
- Taurine-Provides energy and stimulates the growth of new blood vessels
- Rhodiola Rosea-Strengthens the nervous system, fights depression, enhances immunity, elevates the capacity for exercise, enhances memory and improves energy levels.
- Bacopia Monnieri-Enhances cognition and memory and reduces anxiety
- L-Tyrosine-Increases cognitive functions and provides focus during stressful situations
- Ginko Biloba-Improves memory and decreases age-related decline
- Panax Ginseng-improves thinking, concentration, memory and work efficiency, physical stamina, and athletic endurance
- Alpha-GPC-Improves cognitive functions
Many of these ingredients also provide a host of other health benefits.
In conclusion, I found that Brainergy does exactly what it said it would do. I felt better and was more energized and focused. It is well worth the money and I would recommend it to anyone who needs more focus, drive and energy.