- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Some Effective Meditation Tips That Relax both the Mind and the Body
More and more numbers of people are adopting various kinds of meditation tools and techniques to keep the mind and the body fit. These techniques are extremely useful as they do not have any side effects and helps in ensuring the overall well being of the person. With the kind of lifestyle that people have nowadays, levels of stress and tension are very high. Instead of taking medicines for overcoming the stress and tension, it is better to opt for various meditation techniques. Practicing meditation once every day keeps the mind and the body fit in all ways. Infact with regular meditation, it is possible to do away with medicines that are required for relaxing the mind.
Here are some effective meditation tips that can be followed:
• It is very important to choose the correct posture for medicine. Whether you practice meditation on the bed, on the chair or on the floor, make sure that you have the right posture for the same. It is very important to have the back straight and upright. The head should be held up in a confident pose.
• Breathing is one of the most important things in meditation. Focus on your breathing patterns as that will help to concentrate on the present condition. Keep a note on the breathing rhythm – the inhaling and the exhaling of air. Do not try to overdo anything with the breathing pattern, just let it be normal.
• It is very important to choose a proper place for meditation particularly in the beginner levels. It is recommended to practice meditation in an open, well-ventilated and quiet place so that the mind can concentrate well. The best place for this is your room, or the terrace of your house or even in a park. Once the meditation technique is well acquired, you can meditate amidst crowd as well.
• Meditation is all about focusing the mind in one place and increasing concentration. Some people can do that very effectively without any help. However, some people need other sources to concentrate. This is the reason various kinds of meditation CDs and other musical forms are available that helps in proper meditation. Hemi sync music or binaural beats are perfect examples of music that help in meditation.
• It depends completely on you as how long you want to meditate. In the beginning it might be difficult to meditate for more than 10 minutes at a stretch. However with time, you will find that you will be able to focus and concentrate in a better fashion and for a longer time interval. When you become a veteran, you can concentrate and meditate for almost 30 minutes.
• It is quite natural that thoughts and emotions will be there in the mind. While meditating, do not try to stop the thoughts and the emotions from coming. Let them come naturally and just let them pass by. Shift your focus from the thoughts and concentrate on the breathing patterns again.
Try these meditation tips and stay fit both physically and psychologically.