Staying fit by eating healthy foods
As Mr. John F Kennedy quoted "Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity”. It is important to stay fit and also eat healthy food. David Suzuki said that "the medical literature tells us that the most effective ways to reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, Alzheimer's, and many more problems are through healthy diet and exercise. Our bodies have evolved to move, yet we now use the energy in oil instead of muscles to do our work".
We can be fit when we focus on our eating habits and plan for effective workouts to stay healthy and fit. Let us explore some practically proven approaches towards healthy eating and staying fit .Believe me. I tried it and it works if done in a regular manner.
- Drink Plenty of Water. Water has a tendency to clear out all the toxins and the same time it fills you up. So it stops the urge to eat more .It is advisable to drink 3 litres of water everyday at regular intervals.
- Exfoliate your skin with honey. Wash your face excluding the eye portion and gently dry it. Slather Honey around your face and then tap and peel the same like strings. Honey removes impurities from pores and acts as a smoothing agent
- A simple change of eating whole fruits rather than drinking juice can do wonders for Diabetic patients. The pulp is very nutritious with less sugar and is very healthy. Similarly brown rice can replace the white rice so that there is a reduction of calories.
- Boiled vegetables are ideal choice to stay healthy rather than consuming protein rich foods like chicken or fish.
- Avoid packaged foods as they tend to provide more calories because of preservation ingredients. It is often good to buy rice and pastas from shops.
- If you are a chocolate fanatic, just sink your teeth in to small cube of chocolate when the craving strikes. It is always better to stop the temptation with smaller dose instead of having the entire chocolate yourself.
- It is good practice to eat a lot of small meals instead of piling calories because of large meals.
- Usage of Microwave oven instead of traditional Kadai helps to shed down calories. Choose baked food instead of fried food and burn the fat.
- Consume Salads with a lot of protein rich foods like lentils, chick peas and rajma, chopped beetroot, carrot, apples,radish and lot of lemon juice and green chillies.The Salad should measure one full wine glass
- Opt for low calorie snack before getting up. This helps in good metabolism throughout the day.
- Take lot of Ginger in your food..It is the best ingredient leading to low calories.
Effective ways to burn extra calories
- If you don’t want to run it is better to walk on a treadmill at a highly inclined percentage for 30 mins. For instance, you can burn more calories by walking on a treadmill at an incline of 9% with the speed of four miles per hour
- Jump rope is the best exercise.All we need is a set of sneakers and a good jump rope. If we do this exercise for 20 mins, then we have burnt calories equivalent to lifting weights for 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Join Spinning class. Spin is an exercise that involves bicycling to really fast music. This is one of the effective ways to burn calories.
- Effective abdomen exercises, workout schedules for 12 hours a week, sit ups while traveling, pushups also lends a helping hand to burn more calories thereby reducing weight.
Stay Fit Eating Healthy
According to me the most sensible thing is to eat fresh food, vegetables and fruits and make it a practice like reading or writing and adhere to it always. Hope the above tips have created a change in your taste buds and mind to eat healthy and stay fit. Wishing you all healthy and fit life filled with happiness. I have a first step towards fitness.How about you?.