Steps On Getting Yourself Clean And Sober
Everything we do in life, we need to take certain steps in order for everything to work as planned. We can not just rush into things haphazardly thinking everything will turn out fine. There are many things in our life that are delicate and need to be thought through carefully so that there are no mistakes or something that you didn't what to do because you were in a rush to get it done. Be persistent, but don't rush into something and be sorry in the end.
Now, getting clean and sober is something we really need to think about, because if you are not ready to surrender then there is no use in even starting on that road to sobriety.
Many people that are addicted to alcohol try to get clean and sober only because they may have been forced into it or threatened into it by possibly their spouse or the law. That is not the way to get clean and sober, although it just may help you think for a while and hopefully being clean and sober for some time will make you realize that if you stayed clean and sober for ex amount of time then it is very possible to stay clean and sober. The question is, do you really want sobriety in your life again or are you doing it to keep peace among all?
IS SOBRIETY THE MISSING PIECE IN YOUR LIFE
Steps on getting yourself clean and sober can be very simple, only if you have sobriety in your heart and soul. Anything is possible in any ones life if you give it a chance.
Step One - Ask yourself, " are you happy with the life you lead right at that moment?"
- Can you think of ways to make your life and everyone that loves you better?
- Are you willing to throw your crutch away and walk on your own two feet without your addiction holding your hand?
- How much do you love yourself and your life?
- What are the pros and cons of drinking alcohol?
- Can you think of anything good coming out of drinking alcohol besides getting drunk?
- Do you have the power inside to beat your addiction?
- Do you believe in yourself enough to say, " I surrender?"
- Can you make a promise to yourself that you will never pick up an alcoholic drink for the rest of your life? If NOT, your sobriety will not work if you can not make this very important promise to yourself!
- Are you willing to stand up to your demons?
- You have to get clean and sober all the way and not for just a few weeks or month. It has to be long term sobriety and I mean the rest of your life.
- Ask yourself, " am I embarrassed of my addiction to alcohol? I bet you would say YES to that question, as I did almost 2 years ago.
- Do you think you are living in denial, or is the rest of the world wrong about your addiction?
- Can you honestly say you are proud of yourself and the way you live your life?
So, you may ask, "what are the steps to getting clean and sober?" I have just listed some things you should ask yourself and see what answers you get, but you must be perfectly honest with yourself.
The biggest question is, " Do you think you have an addiction to alcohol and if so, what are you going to do about it. Are you going to sit back and let this addiction continue to ruin your life and others or are you going to take massive action to change your life for the better by surrendering to your addiction to alcohol once and for all?"
The world and your addiction are in your hands, so stand up to it and get clean and sober and stay that way for the world is out there for your taken and you will see through your own sober eyes what you have been missing out on all those years of drinking alcohol.
Take it from me, the word is a wonderful place when you live in it clean and sober.