Sodas and Other Sugary Drinks Cause Americans Tobe Sicker and Die Younger
Do You Currently Drink Sugary Drinks?
Sodas and Sugary Drinks Are Killers, Whether You're Over, Or Under Weight
In a new study just released, Cambridge University, researchers, have confirmed what most Naturopaths, holistic practitioners and alternative medical doctors have been sounding warning alarms about for the last fifty years. Drinking soda's and sugary drinks on a regular basis raise a person's chances of developing type 2 diabetes and many other sicknesses and diseases, as well as bringing on an early death.
The researchers reviewed 17 studies that covered more than a quarter million adults without diabetes, in the US and England. The data they garnered from the studies published on Ovid, PubMed, Web of Knowledge and Embase. The researchers have confirmed that the consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages and type 2 diabetes are linked, without the weight of the person being a factor, in the onset of the disease.
The compilation of their findings confirmed, even drinking one sugary drink each day, for ten years, will increase your risk of developing type 2 diabetes. In fact, your chances of developing the disease range from 13% - 18%, depending on your weight, with those being overweight, more likely to be in the 18% range.
Every Doctor All Ready Knows Sugary Drinks Are Killers
A recent study coming out of the Friedman School of Nutrition Science, at Tufts University in Boston, estimates 184,000 people die each year, from health problems related to consuming soda's and others sugary drinks. Study after study has shown sodas and other sugary drinks, especially those with high fructose corn syrup, promote disease and are cause deaths, real killers, known to:
- Bring on type 2 diabetes
- Exacerbate cardiac abnormalities
- Exacerbate pancreatic cancer growth
- Accelerate the progression of chronic kidney disease
- Raise blood pressure
- Promote metastasis in breast cancer patients
- Exacerbate non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Increases in uric acid levels bring on metabolic disorders
- Narrowing and hardening of the arteries in your skull
- Calcification of the pineal gland
- White blood cell count increased
- Causes obesity and many other related health problems
- 184,000 death a year are caused by drinking sodas and sugary drinks
On Average How Sugary Drinks Do You Drink In A Single Day?
Eliminating Sugary Drinks Will Assist In Decreasing Disease, Sickness, And Even Slow The Aging Process!
As a Naturopath and Holistic Practioner, one of the first thing I talk to my client about is how much sugar they are consuming. I know when they eliminate sodas and sugary drinks as well as all foods containing processed sugars from their diets, they will have what many of them consider to be miraculous healing. Most of them will experience healing's, incredibility quick, while others with more severe diseases, may take somewhat longer.
Some of the benefits, I have personally witnessed have been:
- No more or fewer headaches
- More energy
- Healthy weight loss
- Better concentration
- Higher level of attention to details
- Improved memory
- Less irritability
- Feelings of peace and general happiness
- Increased ability to handle life's ups and downs
- Reduced anxiety
- Clearer complexion
- Reduced risk of sinusitis
- Reduced risk of allergies
- Reduced risk of colds
- Reduced risk of flu's
- Reduced risk of candida and all yeast related infections
- Reduced risk of UTI's
- Reduced risk of certain cancers
- Reduced risk of diabetes
- Reduced risk of kidney failure
- Reduced risk of liver failure
- Reduced risk of heart failure
- Improved immune system
Healthy Drinks With Natural Sugars Are Good For You
My favorite naturally healthy happy drinks are flavored waters. Not the ones you buy at the store, I'm talking about the ones you make at home.
All you have to do is, slice up or crush some of your favorite fruits, berries, and even veggies. Think strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, pears, lemons, limes, oranges, watermelon, cucumber, mint, just about any fruit, berry or vegetable that suits your fancy.
Put them in a big pitcher of clean water (spring or distilled), let them sit overnight in the refrigerator. In the morning, strain out the pulp (use it in your morning smoothie) and pour your drink into a large glass, or thermos and enjoy it throughout the day.
Start juicing and making smoothies. If you need recipes, I have hundreds of them. Just let me know in the comment section and I will send you some for free. That's right no charge.
How To Beat The Sugar Blues With Healthy Sweeteners
Most of us have a natural affinity for sweet tasting drinks, and foods. The good news is you don't have to suffer. You can sweeten all of your drinks and desserts with one of these healthy alternative sweeteners and not feel guilty or suffer the devastating consequences associated with eating sugar. Try each of these amazing sweeteners out and find the one that tastes just right to you.
- My first choice for healthiest sweeteners would be stevia. It has it's upsides and downsides. The upside is; it registers less than one on the glycemic index, which means it does not have the disease-promoting properties associated with sugar. The downside in my opinion is it's too sweet, sometimes being 300 times sweeter than sugar. I find it works best in citrus-based drinks, but many of my friends use it in all their drinks and desserts.
- Monk fruit is also one of my favorites, it's not actually a fruit, but a gourd. It's an all around great tasting sweetener, for drinks and desserts. The powder sold on Amazon has an extraordinarily low glycemic index, zero calories and is about 150 -200 times sweeter than sugar.
- Organic Blackstrap Molasses is a great sweetener with many health benefits. Using organic molasses as a sweetener in your drinks, especially your smoothies can protect you from anemia. As the molasses are rich in iron and have substantial amounts of calcium, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. On top of these benefits, molasses reduces acidity and is actually alkalizing to the body.
- The hands-down winner for the best sweetener, in my opinion, is Erythritol. Naturally found in small amounts in grapes, melons, and fermented foods. This sweetener has the closest taste to sugar, being about 70% as sweet. You will not miss sugary drinks and desserts, once you begin to sweeten them with erythritol. Don't believe the rumored side effects. They just don't exist or cannot be applied to Erythritol. It's sugar alcohol cousins, especially Xylitol has some terrible side effects, but don't let Mercola confuse you, Erythritol rocks!
Robert C Morgan - Bobby is the past Health Education Director at CHI. He is a certified Naturopath and Holistic Practioner, dedicated to continuing to carry out the work and vision of Dr. Ann Wigmore and all of the souls who have dedicated their lives to love, peace and natural health.
Any medicinal references mentioned here are strictly for educational purposes based on my research through study, empirical evidence, personal use and herbal lore but not intended as medical advice of any kind. Herbs can be helpful allies in creating and maintaining good health but they can also be powerful medications that should be treated with respect. Used improperly, they can cause adverse reactions or interfere with pharmaceuticals.
This website contains general information about medical conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such. It is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
The medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Robert Morgan nor Sue Meisheri make no representations or warranties in relation to the medical information on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Robert Morgan or Sue Meisheri does not warrant that the medical information on this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or the medical information on this website is complete, true, accurate, up-to-date, or non-misleading.
You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website.