Swimming For Exercise Without Even Thinking About It
Benefits Of Swimming While Enjoying Yourself
Swimming is fun, and it has many great health benefits to boot. Swimming works your entire body while giving you an excellent overall body workout. It can improve your body strength, your endurance, your posture and flexibility as well. Swimming is also known to give you a great cardiovascular workout. It is a very efficient and effective low impact aerobic exercise. So while you are having fun doing laps around the pool, you are also getting the best health benefits available to you.
Swimming can help with maintaining your weight by burning calories at a rate of 3 calories per mile. So if you take a 30 minute swim around the pool, every mile you swim, you are burning approximately 900 calories. Swimming is an exceptionally low impact exercise on the entire body. It is easy on the joints, and protects them from stress. And yet you can make the exercises as intense or as low impact as you want them to be.
Swimming is frequently used as an exercise in rehabilitation after injuries or for those with disabilities. That is because the resistance of the water makes the muscles work hard without the strain or impact that is experienced on land with other exercises like running, jogging or other intense aerobic exercises. Swimming can also provide most of the aerobic benefits that running or jogging does.
The energy required for swimming is quite significant, the body consumes more calories per hour in energy while swimming than it does in distance running for instance, with additional coexisting demands placed simultaneously on the cardiovascular system and the respiratory system. As well as one of the easiest ways to stay healthy and active.
In the summertime heat there is nothing like a leisurely fun swim in the pool to cool off. Or splashing around at the lake, or body boarding through the waves in the ocean. Swimming is fun for all ages because there are so many different levels of water fun to choose from. There is also a relaxing, meditative side to swimming. You can do it alone, or with friends and family. But one thing is you can be sure of, it is relaxing.
Without over working your heart it improves your body's use of oxygen and increases lung function. It is also recognized as a excellent low impact exercise for those who don't like the effects of jogging has on their knees, because while in the water you are non weight bearing. Making it an excellent choice for those who just do not like walking or aerobic exercise to stay active.
Buy Your Gear
Exercise Benefits Of Swimming
- If your just starting out, you should try to take it slow, and don't over extend yourself.
- Swimming three or four times a week, for 15-20 minutes, will give you significant results.
- For toning your legs, hips and belly, you can do some kick board kicks. Go the length of the pool and back. Take your time, and enjoy your scenery.
- Make use of the pool toys, fins, and floaties. They can be used to your advantage.
- Don't forget your goggles, you will want to protect your eyes. As well as see what your doing under water.
- If you're a beginner, or unsure of yourself in the water, it's a good idea to stay in the shallow areas and always swim with a buddy or a lifeguard watching.
- Above all else get out there, swim and have fun. Go grab your swimsuit and start swimming, it will make you feel better.
Other Hubs To Help You Stay Healthy...
- Take A Walk After Your Evening Meal
According to researchers in the Department of Exercise Science at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, walking shortly after a meal is a highly effective way to burn energy. You are burning...
- Simple Tips On How To Stay Healthy
Getting healthy and staying on the path to wellness is an ongoing pursuit for many of us. Maintaining a healthy diet, losing weight, and staying healthy takes commitment and motivation.
- Apple Cider Vinegar And It's Many Uses
Apple cider vinegar is a type of vinegar made by the fermentation of apple cider .The process in which sugar in food is broken down by bacteria and yeast. In the first stage of fermentation, the sugars are...