The Denial of Aging
I am writing this hub to show how I realized it is time to grow up and come to the understanding of, that most are not as young as most would like to be or think they are! Actually it's kind of something that I am going through at this time in my life and I hope I am not the only one who feels this way!
- I am the baby in the family, and till today my mom refers to me as her baby!
- I have always been told that I look a lot younger than my real age
- My significant other is 3 years younger than I
- I have a beautiful teenage daughter
- I have always been the auntie who is always around all my nieces and nephews, and my oldest nephew and niece are 26 yrs or 27 yrs old.
- I am in college, therefore I am around young kids (young adults) 1/3 of the week
- I have a lot of clothes that I have had since high school, I hardly ever buy anything new for my self unless I really need it
- Yes I am the youngest out of my siblings by 11 years but I need to realize I am not really the baby anymore
- I am starting to look around my real age these days
- Just because my significant other looks a lot younger than he really is and still plays video games doesn't mean we are teenagers
- Just because my teenage daughter looks exactly like me when I was her age but more mature doesn't mean we can dress the same or eat the same because I realize as I get older I actually keep the weight I gain unlike her......
- As my nieces and nephews get older I realize so do I
- Just because I am around 18 year old kid's doesn't mean I am 18 in-fact I must look ancient compared to them while I am on campus, actually someone asked if I was a teacher the other day!
- I need to clean out my closet and go shopping in the women's section not Jr's section!
- Now I know how all those wives felt when I was a teenager and all those older men used to check me out!
Even though I am active by riding my bike, taking walks and hikes, and fix things around the house with no problem I have to realize that I am getting older, and believe me having a daughter who is a teenager does help me to realize this! It's just hard I guess because I don't want to look older or age on the outside, I am starting to think I have a phobia of aging or something! I really don't mind aging on the inside, for instance becoming wise or wiser. However for me to look my age is really bugging me maybe I should hang out with older wiser women, then maybe I wont mind! I don't know but I wonder is anyone else going through this at the moment or ever I am only in my early 30's LOL!