The Hidden Hunger
Reasons behind craving
The Hidden Hunger
The answer to why women crave for food…
Food may be used to feeling filled when we are empty, fortified when we feel weak physically or psychologically, rewarded when we feel unappreciated, energized when we feel tired, cared for when we feel homesick, and childlike when we feel old. In order to stay independent, we become food dependent. It is our best remedy when life is worse.
If you would like to understand your eating pattern ask yourself these questions:
1. Do you reach for home-style food when you miss being a kid?
2. Do you eat chocolate when your emotional and badly need a boost?
3. Do you prefer crunchy food when you want to chew someone out?
4. Do you get for elaborate snack combos when bored?
5. Do you crave for soft, mushy pastries when you like to baby yourself?
6. Do you reach for exotic delight when you’d really like to get out from your daily routine and want to go on vacation?
7. Do you reach for big sandwiches when you have a hefty project?
8. Do you reach for the cake recipe and ingredients when you’d rather not reach for overdue paper work?
9. Do you reach for foods you were not allowed to have as a child when you’re feeling defiant?
10. Do you reach for anything to eat, just to have an excuse to stop and sit for a moment?
The real answers may not be the food you want to gobble but on answers you’re hiding for yourself. This kind of behavior is called displacement. You’re redirecting impulses that may upset you or other people. Displacement may save your happy home or job but it does not change the situation. Soon the problem that has been one fold will manifest in three fold.
What should be the best way for you to do?
Before reaching for food, do ask yourself first whether the food is for distraction, an avoidance, trick, or a substitution.
If you found out that these are the reasons why you reach for food, concentrate fully on the thought and feeling. Then ask yourself if eating is the best solution. Food will not help solve the problem, just think of a constructive ability in order to solve your dilemmas.
But if these do not answer the questions for eating, then go ahead and enjoy the food… Happy eating…