- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
The Key To Fight Aging
Have you ever had those kind of days when you just feel so old as your great great grandparents? Although it's a hyperbole of what is really being felt by anyone, we know that aging is inevitable. But worry less because there are so many ways to fight and slow aging. After all, what we lose in age, we gain in wisdom and knowledge (if we really pay attention)
So What Causes Aging?
Johnny Bowden said that in the aging process, 5-20% has something to do with genes and the rest of it is about how we treat our body. That being said, what we do to our health, our lifestyle and the food we eat actually determines whether we turn our good genes into bad genes. He also mentioned that there are 4 factors of aging we need to fight to slow down its process. Here are the following causes:
1.) Free Radicals: These are unstable molecules that attacks our cells and damage our DNA that results to acceleration of aging. They are present to the air we breathe so we can't completely avoid them but we can always limit them by avoiding things such as too much sun exposure (proven bad to our skin and may cause skin cancer), cigarretes, trans fat, charred meat and other sources.
2.) Inflammation: Although it has been always considered as a normal part of a healthy immune response to foreign invaders, it is now considered- when become chronic as a major participant in many sickness of aging - cancer, diabetes, heart disease and Alzheimer's. This happens when the immune system begins to attack healthy cells and tissues. We can repress it by eating foods or drinking liquids with resveratrol (an anti aging chemical) like red wine.
3.) Glycation: Having too much sugar, or rather, the manner of sugar combining with proteins and fats to form molecules that promote aging. AGEs (Advanced Glycation End products) are said to quicken the aging process by churning out free radicals and developing inflammation. One way to avoid ingesting AGEs is to limit intake of sugar or sugar-filled foods in general.
4.) STRESS: Bowden says "Being under pressure initiates the release of a variety of stress hormones that make your pulse race and cause your blood pressure to rise. But the hormone cortisol, released to lessen these effects, actually creates problems when it remains chronically elevated; it has been shown to shrink a part of the brain called the hippocampus,". We are always advised to manage stress because too much stress is proven detrimental to our help, doing meditation aor yoga is one way to do so.
Water: An Anti Aging Key.
“Water contributes much towards health.” − Hippocrates, On Airs, Waters, and Places
True. Even after 25 centuries later, many medical practitioners, health experts and people that are into fitness can validate that “Water is essential to life. Water represents a critical nutrient whose absence will be lethal within days.”- University of North Carolina.
As a matter of fact, water gives so many benefits. Some are mentioned below:
- Relieves Fatigue and Increases Energy level- Mild dehydration (fluid loss of 1-3%) can impair energy levels and mood, and lead to major reductions in memory and brain performance. Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert.
- Promotes Weight Loss- Water can increase satiety and boost your metabolic rate especially if consumed prior to meal since it fills up your tummy and reduces hunger that can lead to eating intake.
- Improves Skin Complexion- Since it flushes out toxins in the body, drinking water moisturizes skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth getting rid of wrinkles.
- Maintains Regularity- Drinking plenty of water can help prevent and relieve constipation, especially in people who generally do not drink enough water, since it aids in digestion.
- Natural Headache Remedy- Helps relieve and prevent headaches (migraines & back pains too!) which are commonly caused by dehydration.
- Boosts Immune System- People who drinks lots of water is less likely to get sick than a person who doesn't. Water has been proven to be a major tool in fighting so many diseases like heart problems, kidney- stones and so on which are major factors of aging.
A Proven and Tested Fountain of Youth.
In this modern age, we can find a lot of anti aging products available in the market that we can find very effective like the YouthH2O Age Defying System. This product is a clinically tested superfood nutrition for daily use (1month supply). It has Biotin, aka B7, help the body convert food into energy for maximum benefits; vitamin c and maca (promotes improvement in the hormonal, physical and emotional states of regular people everyday). Used by many athletes and celebrities and is number one recommended by top Hollywood plastic surgeon in the country because it promotes vibrant hair, skin, nails, weight loss, immunity support and acts as collagen booster.