The Most Popular Diet Plans
Raw Food Diet
The diet plan, which suggests eating uncooked and unprocessed food, is called a raw food diet. There are several categories under this diet. People follow based on their food habits. Beyond a diet, its a healthy lifestyle habit that ensures better digestion, glowing skin, and a lot of energy. People say that weight loss occurs naturally when we regularly follow this diet with adequate rest and exercise.
- Vegetables, nuts, and seeds can be eaten raw. Nearly one-third of the food should be natural and plant-based.
- Meat and rice can be boiled and eat.
- Artificial sauces, spices, oil, refined sugar, coffee, tea, maida, and processed foods are not preferable to eat.
- Sun-dried vegetables and meat, fish, egg, unpasteurized milk, coconut, soaked sprouts, and fruit juices are diet-friendly foods.
- The only way to heat the food is dehydrating, which is the traditional food processing technique adopted by our ancestors. Because, while cooking some essential nutrients like water-soluble vitamin B and c are eliminated.
- While cooking, heat should not exceed above 116 degrees Fahrenheit and 46 degrees Celcius.so that the food will not change its character, and the natural enzymes in it will be fully available to us.
Dr.Barry sears, an American biochemist, has developed this diet plan. He says that this diet plan adapts to how the human body evolves by preventing cell degeneration. This diet plan helps to control blood sugar and pressure level and reduces the chance of heart-related ailments. People who want to reduce their weight and belly fat can get a better result by following this zone diet. Diet comprises of 40% carbohydrate,30% protein, and 30% omega-3 fatty contents are the fundamental concept of zone diet. Decreasing the carbo intake and increasing the consumption of omega-3 fatty acids help to regulate insulin secretion in our body. Doing so will keep the blood vessels healthy since unwanted fats will not accumulate in our bodies. Consequently, it enhances the blood flow and slows down our body's aging process. The primary rules to follow for this diet is
- Have your breakfast within an hour of wake up. Drink at least 2 liters of water per day.
- There must be 4 to 6 hours time interval between one meal and the other.
- If you eat any snacks, you need to leave a time gap of 2 hours before having the next meal.
Robert Coleman Atkins, an American Physician, and cardiologist have framed this low carbohydrate diet plan primarily to regulate insulin secretion and to prevent ketosis. When glucose level decreases, insulin secretion will also get reduced. In such circumstances, the body breaks down the stored fat to convert it into glucose needed for energy. If this state persists, it can lead to ketosis. The Glycemic index value is a measure of glucose level in food, where the Atkins diet is devised based on this GI factor. According to Robert Atkins, Refined carbohydrates like sugar, high fructose corn syrup, All-purpose flour,etc., are the primary cause of diabetes and heart diseases. These high glycemic carbohydrate foods trigger the sudden increase of insulin secretion.
- This diet plan prefers to eat low glycemic carbs such as rice, wheat, oats, and fruits to gain energy for our daily activities.
- 20% of the diet should consist of saturated fat, which can be of any recommended fish, plant fats, egg, and oil.
- Eat vegetables and fruits with high fiber and low sugar for vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients requirement.
South Beach Diet
Dr.Arthur Agatston and the dietitian Marie Almon combinedly framed this popular American diet in the mid of nineties. This diet plan includes selected carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in the diet to lose weight and lowers the risk of heart diseases. Specifically, it prefers to consume low GI carbs, unsaturated fats. Initially, it began to spread as a diet for people with cardiac ailments. Later it has been tried out for weight loss programs. There are three phases in this diet,
- The first level prepares the body for the weight loss process, and it lasts for two weeks. You should eat on time, even if you are not hungry. Skipping food will leads to overeating, which in turn increase the glucose level in the blood. At this stage, you are free to eat fish, tofu, eggs, low-fat cheese, beans, and vegetables. But sugary items and bakery foods are to be avoided.
- The second phase will extend until you reach the ideal weight. In this phase, the weight loss will be constant. People say that they can lose up to 3 kgs per week.
- In the third phase, People are well aware of the foods and their nutrient content. So, they can start to eat by knowing that to maintain their controlled weight. If they regain lost weight, they should start over from phase one.