- Exercise & Fitness
The Number One Rule of Choosing a Workout
You have probably heard this before but it bears mentioning again: the number one rule of choosing a workout is to choose a workout routine that you can enjoy doing. There are many other things to take into consideration when choosing a workout, of course, including everything from how much fat the exercise will burn to how much money it will cost you to start and maintain your workout. However, none of those things really matter if you don’t like the workout that you’ve chosen.
Here are some of the reasons that it is truly crucial to choose a workout that you will enjoy doing:
· It’s the best way to stay motivated to continue working out. You might have the best of intentions but it’s really tough to stick to a workout routine that you don’t enjoy. If you want to make sure that you don’t drop the workout as soon as the novelty of it wears off then you really need to make sure that you’re doing a workout that you enjoy. That’s the number one reason to choose a workout that you’ll like; you’ll be more likely to stick to it. Unless you happen to be a masochist who gets pleasure out of doing something that makes you feel miserable, take the time to try different workout options until you find at least one that you enjoy.
· It takes the work out of working out. We don’t want to do things that we consider to be work. Whether it’s because we’re raised that way or because there’s something in our genes, we’re inclined to dislike doing anything that feels like work. We might be proud of ourselves for running five miles or climbing hills but if we don’t also enjoy doing it then it will feel like a not-so-fun obligation. You have enough obligations and work in your life already. Working out should be something that you derive pleasure from.
· You will naturally push yourself further. Since you aren’t going to feel like you’re working too hard, you’re naturally going to push yourself further and further in your workout. You will be so excited about the new routine that you are learning that you will want to see if you can take your skills to the next level. Climbing the next level at the rock climbing gym or learning a more intricate yoga posture will not be something that you do just because you’re working out but because you enjoy the experience.
· You will feel more positive about working out. Working out continuously requires that you maintain a positive attitude about the workout. If you grumble and procrastinate and complain that you have to work out then you’re not going to have a very successful experience with working out. In contrast, if you can genuinely approach working out with an upbeat and optimistic attitude then you’re going to have a much better workout experience.
· It will be easier to find workout buddies. Another benefit of being positive about working out (other than just feeling good emotionally) is that you will draw other people to you that also enjoy the same workout that you do. This will make it a lot easier to find buddies to work out with and to support you in meeting your exercise goals. Having help can really go a long way towards making your workout routine a better one so this is actually really important.
· You will set a positive example for others. One of the greatest things in life is to serve as role models to others. This is especially true if you are a parent and you want to be a role model to your children. Someone who enjoys working out and approaches it with a positive attitude sets a very good example for exercising, staying healthy and losing weight. That can be invaluable.
· You will probably lose more weight. All of these other factors add up to make it so that you are likely to lose more weight on a workout plan that you enjoy than on one that you hate. You’ll stick with it longer, feel more upbeat about doing it and probably push yourself without even realizing that you are doing it. That’s the cornerstone of a great workout routine.
· You will get so much more out of the experience than just weight loss. The fact that you are likely to lose more weight with a workout that you enjoy is terrific. However, it’s also important to note that finding exercise that you like to do is going to really add a lot more to your life than just weight loss. It’s going to allow you to meet new people, set and achieve goals, gain confidence, try new things, experience new places and feel excitement and passion in your life. If you haven’t yet found a workout routine that you enjoy then it may be tough to believe that this is possible but you’ll see the benefits in your life immediately once you do find something that you like to do for exercise.
You can always tweak your workout routine to make it more effective. Learning to add in certain stretches or crunches or cardio is possible with nearly every single type of workout routine. However, exercise really does have to start off as something that you enjoy. This foundation will enhance your entire experience of exercise.
- Exercise on a schedule: Busy people use the 1-hour w...
You are the kind of person who uses time efficiently. You multitask at home and work, while time you spend with family and friends is undistracted and purposeful, fostering better quality in those...
- Best Workout Routine
Stop the crazy search for the best workout routine and start working out. You see we are trapped in a cycle of looking fo rthe best workout routine and many people keep grasping at straws and the latest diet fad or the latest workout routine and many
- Get The Most Out of your Trampoline: 10 Great Exerci...
Get The Most Out of your Trampoline: 10 Great Exercises A trampoline is one of the most fun pieces of exercise equipment than you can purchase for use at your home. A lot of families get trampolines...
- Spin class workout
I am giving you a sneak peek at my class program. If you like cardio and biking, you will enjoy this indoor workout program. I have taught over 3500 hours of spin classes in Portland Oregon. If you have been...
- The Hotel Room Workout #3: Push and core exerc...
Its possible to exercise while traveling, even if your hotel has an inadequate fitness facility or no gym at all. Your workout can take place in your room with no special equipment necessary, just using the floor, bed and a bath towel. This workout
- Exercise On A Mini Trampoline For A Total Body Worko...
Here is a workout to get you started. Exercise on a mini trampoline (rebounder) will give you a total body workout which will burn more calories than regular exercise. It is not only one of the best exercises for toning, but it also has many...