The Thirty Day Squat Challenge: The Easiest Way to Get a Better Butt in a Month
Unless you've hit the genetic lottery, almost no one is born with a perfect butt.
In fact contrary to what magazines and supermodels want you to believe, a banging bod is usually either earned in the gym or purchased in a doctors office. Unfortunately the majority of us have lives and schedules that get in the way of most Victoria's Secret models' workout routine. While there's no quick fix for getting a bikini bod overnight, there's one lower body routine that can get your booty poppin' before the end of summer. The squat!
I'm going to share with you a quick fix to raise your derrière, tone your legs & even help flatten your belly and strengthen your core. A properly done squat work a cocktail of muscles including: Quadriceps, Glutes, Hamstrings, Erectors, Traps, Abs, Obliques and even your upper back. This super easy routine can be done in the comfort of your own home for less than a half hour a day. It even has rest days!
Before we jump right into the squatting position, let's make sure you're doing it right!
A squat seems like an easy enough task, but did you know there are plenty of ways that you could be doing it incorrectly? Let's take a look at some of the most common squat mistakes you can make:
- Letting your knees fall in: this can cause undue pressure on your knee ligaments resulting in injury. Try to aim your knees outward. It may seem difficult at first but as your inner thighs strengthen it will get easier.
- Now lowering to 90 degrees: Picture yourself sitting down on a chair. It seems like an easy cheat to not go all the way down, but really you're cheating yourself and not getting the benefits you could be getting. In fact, you'll be barely getting any benefits at all!
- Arching your back: This is a no-no for pretty much any exercise you do. Just like any exercise this puts strain on your lower back and over time can cause injury and back pain. Try to keep it straight.
- Putting your weight on your toes: Try to keep your weight in your heels. You can even do this barefoot and lift your toes off the ground to keep your weight distribution on point.
Doing a proper squat is easier than you think! Stand with your heels shoulder width apart, turn your feet out 30 degrees, bend your hips and knees at the same time, stop when your legs are at a 90 degree angle, and bring it up squeezing that booty behind you!
Now that we know how to squat, grab some friends for motivation and let's start your 30 day challenge today!
- Day 1 50 Squats
- Day 2 55 Squats
- Day 3 60 Squats
- Day 4 Rest Day (Take an epsom salt bath to ease those sore muscles!)
- Day 5 70 Squats
- Day 6 75 Squats
- Day 7 80 Squats
- Day 8 Rest Day (Don't forget to stretch even though it's a rest day!)
- Day 9 100 Squats
- Day 10 105 Squats
- Day 11 110 Squats
- Day 12 Rest Day (You'll need it!)
- Day 13 130 Squats
- Day 14 135 Squats
- Day 15 140 Squats
- Day 16 Rest Day (Look back at it. Thats right, you'll already notice a firmer rump!)
- Day 17 150 Squats
- Day 18 155 Squats
- Day 19 160 Squats
- Day 20 Rest Day (You could get addicted to this, right?)
- Day 21 180 Squats
- Day 22 185 Squats
- Day 23 190 Squats
- Day 24 Rest Day (Baby got back!)
- Day 25 220 Squats
- Day 26 225 Squats
- Day 27 230 Squats
- Day 28 Rest Day (Ready for round 2?)
- Day 29 240 Squats
- Day 30 250 Squats
By the end of this challenge you will have struggled. You will have been in pain. You might even cry or throw up... but you'll see results you didn't know you were capable of! The squat is a secret weapon of almost any woman confident enough to rock a thong swimsuit in public. Once you've finished you first round, feel free to repeat it and even add in a resistance band to keep it a little more challenging. Good Luck and let me know in the comments how you did!
Before you get started, here are a couple tips to help you complete this challenge!
- Pick a certain time of day to do your squats, and stick to it. Routine makes it so much easier to stick to your goals! I do squats right after I roll out of bed.
- Put together a killer playlist! It will be easier to complete your squats if you've got a couple jams to keep beat with.
- Don't quit just because you miss a day! Pick back up the next day. It's ok, life happens!
- Take measurements! It's hard to see you're own progress sometimes, but numbers don't lie!