- Diet & Weight Loss
The importance of colour in foods
To prevent chronic diseases fruits and vegetables are very important. Vegetables has lots of minerals, antioxidants, phytochemicals which keep the blood sugar in balance and fruits keep the immune system strong.
Every color found in fruits and vegetables has its own value and function.So a variety of color can be added in our daily diet.
Eating fruits and vegetables as whole gives more nutrients,vitamins and minerals.
The different color in fruits and vegetables helps our immune system and stresses in our daily life.
- Green foods are good for circulatory system.and contains lots of minerals and B-complex vitamins.and are very powerful anti-cancer compounds.
- Red foods such as tomatoes,watermelon,etc.The phytochemical helps to prevent prostrate problems and reduce the effects of sun damage on the skin.
- Orange foods like carrots,pumpkin,apricots,etc.This phytochemical help to prevent cancer by reparing the DNA.They are also good for eyes and help in night vision.
- Green or yellow color like corn,greenpeas,etc.They help to reduce the risk of developing cataracts and macular degeneration,it also help to reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Orange or Yellow fods like oranges,pineapple,papaya,etc.Thi is high in vitamin C and help to improve the health of the mucus membrances and connective tissue.They help in heart disease by improving circulation and preventing inflammation.
- White or green foods like onions,garlic,celery,pears,etc.Onion and garlic in our meals reduce the toxicity of high fat meats.Wheras celery has minerals that keeps the fluids in the joints healthy.
- Red,Blue or Purple foods like red apples,beets,blueberries,strawberries,blackberries ,etc.They help to protect herat diseases by improving circulation and preventing blood clots.