The pH Factor
In choosing an alkaline diet you will eat food that are 80% alkaline and 20% acidic. There are many good sources of alkaline foods which include most fruits and vegetables. Eating too many acidic foods can unbalance the body and lead to weight gain, poor concentration and fatigue. The idea behind eating a more alkaline diet is that it helps the body to regenerate damaged cells.
All animal protein is considered acidic, however there are some protein that are alkalizing and these include almonds, chestnuts, millet, tempeh, tofu and whey protein powder.
There is plenty of research available on what are the best foods to eat to help alkalize the body. If you want to determine how you are doing, you can monitor your pH by using pH saliva test strips that you can get at your local pharmacy or health food store.
4 Secrets to Weight Loss
Losing weight can sometimes be both difficult and frustrating. Listed here are four secrets that can help make your weight loss journey less frustrating. Although it will never by easy to lose weight, you can be successful in reaching your target weight if you follow these four secrets to weight loss.
- The first secret to weight loss is to make an appointment with your doctor. Although not really a secret, a lot of people don’t think their doctor might have some information that could make their weight loss less difficult. You will want to check with your doctor regarding your health history and to determine if there are any underlining problems that are hindering your weight loss.
- The second secret to weight loss is to improve your posture. This secret might not be about weight loss but it is about making you look thinner. This secret can also be part of your exercise program as having the correct posture while performing exercises will help to make your workouts more effective.
- The third secret to weight loss is to get your friends and family involved in your program. If they are not on board with your plan they can easily help sabotage your program. If your family and friends are also eating healthy foods, then weight loss won’t seem so frustrating. Make sure you don’t keep junk food in the house and everyone will be healthier.
- The fourth secret to weight loss is about thinking about your weight in terms of your lifestyle. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, or park your car the farthest from the front door of the mall and walk. Play with the children in the park or go dancing with friends instead of a movie. All these little things can have a big impact on your life in general and your waist line in particular.
Put these four secrets to weight loss to work for you and I’m sure you will start seeing real results. Also, since these secrets are really about adjusting your lifestyle, you won’t have any problems continuing with them for the rest of your life.
Changing Your Eating Habits
When changing your eating habits it is generally a good idea to take things slowly. This is definitely true if you want to add more alkaline foods into your diet. Being either too alkaline or too acidic is not promoting good health. Adding more fruits and vegetables and less protein to your diet is a good step. Monitor your pH daily to help monitor your progress so you can make adjustments along the way.
Starting out slowly will also ensure that you stay on the program. Changing the way you eat too radically can lead to you getting frustrated and overwhelmed and you could end up going back to your old way of eating. Taking things slow will help you see what effect the diet is having on your health and well being.
Keep in mind that we need to have some acidic foods in order for our body to break down the foods we eat so we can absorb the nutrients.
This diet is great for people who are already on a vegetarian diet. If you aren't already a vegetarian, why not try this type of diet for a couple of days during the week by eating only fruits and vegetables and alkalizing proteins such as tofu, beans and nuts. By giving yourself a few days away from animal protein you will be able to tell if there is any benefit in this way of eating for you.
Most vegetarians are thinner for the most part than people who eat meat because a vegetarian diet is lower in calories. Being a vegetarian does not guarantee a smaller waist line. There are many processed vegetarian foods that can be bought at the local super market that have many calories and little nutrition. Check the labels for fat content as well as sugar and salt.
- pH Miracle Diet Secrets
The acid/alkaline balance of our bodies is something that many people have never heard of, although the concepts have been part of Chinese medicine for thousands of years.
- Alkaline Acid Diet - What is the Alkaline Acid Diet
The alkaline diet is a diet that emphasize fresh fruit and vegetables. It's based on the diet our hunter-gatherer ancestors ate. Learn the essentials about the alkaline diet.
- Balancing Acid/Alkaline Foods
Lists of acid-producing and alkaline-producing foods, to help you plan a balanced and healthy diet.
- List of Alkaline Foods
Definitive guide to which foods are acid and which foods are alkaline. This list is the ONLY official list that is verified by the research and findings of Dr Robert Young, PhD the world renowned blood microscopist, biologist and nutritionist.