The No Diet, No Exercise Weight Loss Plan Step 4
Tip #4: These Foods Help You Lose Weight
The key to eating what you want is at your fingertips. Let me explain. I had been thin my entire life, then I was told to eat a gluten-free diet. With it came 25 extra pounds. Then I lost them.
Giving up my favorite foods was not an option
My daily eating routine encompassed rituals I enjoyed and planned to continue to enjoy. Before I share the ninja tactics, it's important you learn how BFF foods are your weight loss friends.
Take the Survey
Before you continue reading, what is your favorite kind of food?
Hershey's Kitchen: REESE'S Peanut Butter Temptations
Enjoy this scrumptious guilt-free, gluten-free dessert with only 6g fat per serving and no artficial sweeteners! Continue reading about more BBFs for guilt-free eating!
BFFs: Best Friend Foods
- These foods help prevent weight gain: red wine, peanuts, chiles & chili powder, cooked & cooled red potatoes, eggs, avocados, wild salmon, sardines, chicken, buckwheat pasta, Greek yogurt, steel cut & rolled oats, lentils, goji berries, almond butter, blueberries, flax seeds
- These foods boost metabolism: coffee, green tea, red wine, Greek yogurt, dark chocolate, cinnamon, chiles & chili powder, garlic, bay leaves, avocados, milk, eggs, tempeh, legumes, nuts, asparagus, edamame, soy protein powder, spinach, tofu, wild salmon, fish & shellfish, cottage cheese
- These foods lower cholesterol: olive oil, cocoa, red wine, grape juice, oatmeal, oat bran, wild salmon & fatty fish, nuts, orange juice & yogurt drinks with added plant sterols, soy, eggplant, apples, grapes, strawberries, citris fruits, beans & legumes, green tea, tomatoes
- These foods boost your immune system: cocoa, red wine, peanuts, cheddar cheese, green tea, coffee, avocados, ginger, mushrooms, oysters, chicken, blueberries, pomegranate seeds, cruciferous vegetables, pumpkin seeds, eggs, wild salmon, black-eyed peas, carrots, tomatoes, almonds
- These foods slow the aging process: peanuts, red wine, yogurt, wild salmon, sardines, tuna, peppers, tea, berries, acai fruit, almonds, water, beans, apples, extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, onions, leek, chives, shallots, barley, leafy vegetable, beans & lentils, hot peppers, sprouts, yogurt & kefir
Your Super BFFS (occurring in 3 or more categories)
- Wild Salmon
- Red Wine (a glass with a meal)
- Cocoa & Dark Chocolate
- Nuts (almonds & peanuts)
Think of all the great dishes and snacks you can make from these!
**Note: check with your doctor if you have any dietary or health issues before you make any changes to your diet or or exercise plan.
The No Diet, No Exercise Weight Loss Plan Step 5
- The No Diet, No Exercise Weight Loss Plan Step 5
Ice cream, candy, snacks: Here are the foods you've been waiting for!
1.U.S. Institutes of Health www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3671179
2.Red Wine Component Can Undo Some of the Harm Done by Poor Diet, Researchers Find, 2013, UT News, The University of Texas at Austin
3.14 Ways to Boost Your Metabolism Faster Than You Can Say 'I Want To Lose Weight' 2014, HuffPost Healthy Living
4.Foods That Speed Up Metabolism 2011, Prevention Magazine
5.10 Superfoods for Age-Defying Beauty, www.oprah.com/style 6.10 Foods That Are Surprisingly Good For You 2012, Forbes/Opinion
7.20 Superfoods for Weight Loss, Self Magazine18 Metabloism Boosting Foods, 2013, Prevention Magazine
8.Cholesterol: Top 5 Foods to Lower Your Cholesterol, Mayo Clinic
9.11 Foods That Lower Your Cholesterol, Harvard Health Publications
10.11 Power Foods for Lower Cholesterol, everyday Health 11. Top 10 Age-Defying Foods 2012, Food Network's healthyeats