- Personal Health Information & Self-Help»
- Self-Help for Sleep Issues & Sleeplessness
Tips To Become Beautiful
How to Look Beautiful Without Make-up
- Drink Water
- Use a face wash
- Use a Toner
- Shampooing your Hair
- Applying Sunscreen
- Hot water with Lemon
- Regularly get yourself a hair trim to ensure your hair doesn’t have split or dry ends
- Don’t pick at pimples, spots or any other skin eruptions that you may have on your skin as touching them will only leave back spots and scars
- Do not rub your eyes excessively as the same can lead to infections and redness
- Stop chewing on your nails. Keep them well-trimmed. If you want them long, make sure they are well-maintained. If you polish your nails, make sure there’s no chipped nail paint.
- Avoid drinking excess coffee or tea
- Sleep well – at least 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep will work wonders for your skin
- Do not pluck your eyebrows excessively; instead, opt for tweezers and remove those unwanted hairs
- Brush twice a day, not more. Brushing after each meal will rob your teeth of essential enamel. Instead, brush once in the morning and once at night before bed.
- Maintain a good posture
- Remove blackheads, either by scrubbing at home or visiting a beautician
- Bunk the junk food and eat healthy
- Include fresh fruits, vegetables and milk or milk products in your daily diet
- Go easy on the alcohol – it will help reduce any puffiness or belly fat
- Go for well-fitted clothes and avoid following fashion trends that does not suit you. Understand your own style and get comfortable in your own skin.
Taking Care of Your Skin
- Make sure you always remove your make-up before sleeping.
- Apply sunscreen with SPF of at least 15 that blocks both UVA and UVB rays. Since a lifetime of sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and other skin problems, you have to protect your skin from the sun.
- Always eat fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, foods rich in protein and vitamins. A diet rich in vitamin C and low in fats and sugar promotes radiant skin.
- Be sure to have regular exercise.
- Have at least 8 hours sleep overnight.
- Drink 8 glasses or water to have enough hydration.
- Wash your face with warm water, three times a day, and gently massage your face in circular motion.
- Stay happy always to lessen stress.
- Moisturize skin.Daily moisturizing is the best defense against dry skin. Applying lotion right after you step out of the shower seals in the moisture that your skin has just absorbed.
- Avoid heat exposure.
MAKE YOUR OWN SKIN CARE PRODUCTS
Citric acid whitens, brightens, and softens the skin. Perfect for elbows and knees that have darkened over time.
Skip the fancy face masks. Avocado moisturizes skin for a fraction of the cost. The fats and vitamins in avocado also prevent premature aging.
Help with irritation and soothe skin.
Full of protein, calcium, vitamins, and more! The lactic acid in yogurt soothes, exfoliates, brightens, and softens the skin.
Use as a scrub. It doesn’t have hard edges so it won’t tear your skin. I like to combine it with honey to make a lip scrub. It removes dirt and dead skin cells.
Perfect for moisturizing and for removing makeup. Add some to the tips of your hair to give it some shine.
Cucumbers soothe and calm ache eyes and skin. De-puff and lighten dark circles.
Use on your face to cool skin especially after a sunburn.
Rub garlic on your nails to make them stronger. No need to worry about the smell. After you leave the garlic on for about five minutes, wash your hands with soap and rub fingers on stainless steel.
10. Coconut oil
Excellent on hands and heels.
Honey is a natural antimicrobial and antibacterial that moisturizes skin and is effective for every skin type. It is effective in treating acne-prone skin.
12. Sea salt
Use as a scrub.
Whitens and brightens
14. Baking Soda
Effective for cleansing hair, skin and teeth. Find other uses for baking soda.
15. Hydrogen Peroxide
Perfect to diminish sun spots.
Combat cellulite and varicose veins with a coffee scrub (add olive oil to make paste).
Brew some black tea, and allow to cool. Then soak your feet. This will help with stinky feet.
This makes a perfect hair mask. It’s good at moisturizing dry hair and giving it shine.
Taking Care of Your Hair
- Get it really wet
- Use a small amount of shampoo
- Massage the shampoo into your scalp
- Rinse really well
- Gently dry your hair with a towel.
- Comb it out carefully
- Let your hair air dry whenever you can
MAKING NATURAL HAIR PRODUCTS
1 Empty bottle, Distilled water,Unscented Liquid Castile Oil, Essential Oil, 2 tbsp, Aloe Vera/ raw honey
1. Fill your bottle with equal parts distilled water and Castile soap. Then add a few drops of your favorite essential oil and the Aloe Vera gel.
2. Gently shake the bottle to mix all ingredients and you’re ready to lather. Depending on where you shop, a 4-ounce bottle will cost you less than a buck to make.
Olive Oil / Virgin Coconut Oil, Raw Honey, Essential Oil
1. Mix the oil with the honey into a bowl until they make a paste. Work the paste through your hair from the roots to the tip.
2. Wrap up in shower cap and leave for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, rinse with warm water (always in the shower, not in the bath).
1 cup of yogurt, 4 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp raw honey, 2 Vitamin E Gel capsules
1. Mix all ingredients and apply to your hair.
2. Massage it into your scalp gently and leave for 30 minutes (wrapped in shower cap).
HAIR TREATMENT for Dry Scalp
Ingredients: A few drops of Tea Tree Essentialoil and Peppermint oil, Raw Coconut Oil
1. Mix a few drops of the essential oils with 1 tbsp coconut oil.
2. Massage onto your scalp and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse with room-temperature water.
Note: Tea tree oil, with its excellent Anti-Bacterial Properties, is effective in treating itchy scalp caused by scalp acne, scalp rashes, scalp pimples and scalp sores.
Tips For Beautiful Lips
- Take a water bottle with you wherever you go
- Lick the smacking habit
- Know thy balms
- Plug in a humidifier
- Exfoliate when necessary
- Protect, protect, protect
- Don't make matte forever
- Smoking can cause lack of circulation and wrinkles.
- No SPF (sun protection factor) can lead to sun burn. A few natural oils that offer sun protection are carrot seed oil, raspberry seed oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, and sesame seed oil.
- Parabens, which are present in most commercial lipsticks, can damage your skin.
- Fragrance, also in some lipsticks, can dry out your skin.
- Artificial sweeteners could cause health problems.
- Camphor and menthol, while natural, are drying ingredients often found in lip care products.
- Dry air, created when air conditioning is used, can dry out your lips.
MAKING LIP BALM
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup butter
- enough wax to make ¾ cup total lip balm mixture
- several drops essential oil, for flavor
- optional – 1 teaspoon powdered herbs for color, such as beet root powder or alkanet root powder
- Measure your oil and butter into a heatproof glass measuring cup. Microwave a minute or two until melted.
- Add enough wax to make a total of ¾ cup. Melt this in the microwave or the makeshift double boiler. The glass measuring cup will get very hot, so be extra careful when handing.
- Take a stainless steel spoon and mix everything together. Pull the spoon out and wait a few minutes until what’s left on the spoon hardens. Test this to see if it’s hard or soft enough for your liking. Make your adjustments now (adding more oil if you want it softer, or more wax if you like it harder).
- Optional Step: When the consistency is where you want it, add a few drops of an essential oil like peppermint or grapefruit. (One year for Christmas, I made lip balms in chocolate and orange. I melted some dark chocolate into it and added some orange essential oil.) You can color your lip balm by adding a small amount of powdered herbs such as beet root powder. Stir it in well so that there are no lumps.
- Carefully pour into lip balm tubes or tins.
Beautiful Without Expense
Beyond everything, the most important thing that oneself must do is to feel beautifully inside by showing the proper gestures and being positive in life.
HOW TO BE POSITIVE
- Accept who we are.
- Make goals (short and long term goals)
- Practice showing positive attitudes.
- Practice active gratitude.
- Count your blessings and not your misfortunes.
- Use self affirmations.
- Cultivate optimism
- Learn to re frame negative negative experiences.
- Get some exercise
- Create life from within
- Use the law of Attraction
- Surround with Friends
- Show compassion to others
- Avoid negative influences
- Challenge negative thoughts
- Don't be afraid to fail
- Always pray.