- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
Tips For Spiritual Growth-Become More Spiritual For A Happy Life
In Communication With The AlmightyClick thumbnail to view full-size
Do We Need To Be Spiritual?
Man is made up of three parts-body,mind and spirit.As with body and mind,so with the spirit.Feeding and nurturing the body with proper nutrition and exercise makes for great health.The mind needs exercises to develop fully as it comprises the conscious,subconscious,the emotions.The spiritual aspect begins to take shape in our lives when we begin to understand and begin to question ourselves as to where we come from and where are we going,whether there is a super being that controls the universe,etc.So, if a human being as a whole needs to develop fully,he must be brawn,brain and spirit.
Indians and Spirituality
The spirit is the least understood of all.And so,the confusion caused is easily misused by some so-called religious sects to their advantage.I am an Indian Christian,living among people belonging to different faiths such as Hindus,Muslims,Buddhists,Jains,Parsis and many subsects and castes.So,as a person who has friends and neighbours from every community imaginable,I have a few observations to make.Spirituality is knowledge of a superbeing or God as a supreme force who is omnipotent,and recognising oneself as a spirit.Belief in these two make up your religion.Following a particular religion is more of a ritual because you were born into a family that followed a particular religion.But,as you grow older and due to the situations in life that you must face,you begin to try and understand other religions and perhaps embrace another religion.Finally,man becomes wholesome when his spirit wakes up to follow what he believes in.According to researchers,an individual is shaped by his learning,his environment and experiences in life.Today,it is common to find a person who was born a particular religion,practise another religion and marry into another community.Belief systems change with the need of the hour for some,but the values of integrity,honesty,compassion continue to shape one's personality.Tolerence and respect toward other religions is seen in India.And all major religious festivals are celebrated throughout the country with people sharing their festive goodies with people from other religions.
Tips To Becoming More Spiritual
There comes a particular moment in one's life when you need the love of GOD in your life.Even if you have been an atheist all your life,you just need to feel the presence of a supernatural being at some point of your existence.Science can explain certain facts of life,but beyond that it is always belief in your Creator,that pulls you through rough patches.Unexplained miraculous healing or complete transformation of a drug addict are some examples that bring one to believe in the existence of the Spirit of God.The economic downturn in recent times have brought many to their knees seeking their Father in heaven.
- Communication with God is very essential.And on a regular basis.
- Praying for oneself,and others is as important as reading and understanding the religious book.
- Following the principles outlined in your religious text and listening to sermons given by powerful speakers.
- Fellowship with members of your community.
- Singing hymns and bhajans in English or your mothertongue praising God.
All the above principles must be adhered to in private,especially on waking and before going to bed at night,and also as part of a larger group,as a family and with members of the community in a church,synagogue,mosque,temple,as the case maybe.
Love threefold : Love God, Love Yourself, Love Your Fellowmen
Do You Believe In God?
Benefits Of Being Spiritual
All religions teach love,compassion and harmony.
- You will learn to forgive those who wrong you and forget.
- You will be more tolerent,compassionate and kind.
- You will see an outward change as well as a change in your personality.
- You will always think positively which will bring about positive happenings in your life.
- You will overcome fear and negative emotions.
- You will have more friends as a result.
- Stress and anxiety,anger all are overcome.
- There is also greater confidence in oneself.