- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
Tips for Getting Rid of Pimple Scars
How to treat acne marks
Pimples or acne can be very painful and I know how everyone would be very relieved knowing that the infections of his acne are all gone. However, after treating acne, comes yet another hurdle that you would have to jump, as pimples scars are left behind making your relieve from treatment of acne short-lived.
Acne scars can be very irritating and embarrassing to any individual. Getting rid of the scars is what most people find very difficult. If not treated these scars can remain on your skin for long period of time, some of which can even last for several years, therefore becoming permanent scars whiles those which last for a year can be considered minor scars. Before we dive into how to you can get rid of acne scars, let us look at how pimple scars are formed.
How pimple scars are formed
Knowing how pimple scars are formed might just give you a clue on how to prevent them. Well, marks left behind by acne are usually as a result of you popping or picking at your pimple. Popping a pimple is highly discouraged and frowned on by dermatologists due to its side effects. I know that it is very tempting to pop or disturb the irritating swelling or spots on your skin, which normally occurs on the face.
Another thing you should also note is that anytime you pop a pimple on your skin, you are not only creating marks on your skin that would last years, but you are also exposing yourself to an increased infection of pimples. Popping your acne can really be dangerous in the sense that it causes wide spread of acne to other parts of your skin. This is due to the reason that when pimples are popped, they release liquids which contain acne-causing bacteria. These bacteria are now transferred to other surrounding areas of your skin as the infected liquid moves into the pores around the area, which is why you sometimes keep getting pimples at the same spot, for instance on your cheek, forehead, neck or jaw.
How to get rid of the marks caused by acne?
Some of you might be wondering by now how they can get rid of the marks or scars left behind after treating their acne infections. Yes the next hurdle as discussed earlier is to overcome the marks, so without wasting much time, let us look at some possible treatment options for getting rid of acne marks;
- Laser resurfacing; as the name suggests, it has to do with some medical experts such as dermatologist who are specialist in skin disorders. What your dermatologist would do for you is that he would use laser lens to burn the top skin layers of the affected area up to a certain depth. Thus, what your dermatologists effectively does is to remove the scars by burning them and leave the burnt area to grow with new layers of skin, making the marks highly invisible. This procedure can be very painful sometimes, but it has proved to be effective.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight; sunlight can worsen the marks on your face, especially during the process or time that your popped pimples scars are being healed. Staying away from direct sunlight would avoid scars from becoming darker.
- Use vitamin E oil; the rate at which a scar deepens can be reduced if you apply vitamin E oil on the affected spot, as vitamin E helps nourish the skin.
- Baking soda; you can also use baking soda mixed with water, which is called baking soda facial mask. All you need is to mix 2 tea spoons and 1 tea spoon of water and baking soda respectively together. The mixture is then applied on the affected spot; make sure you wash your face before applying the mixture. Leave it on your face for a couple of minutes and then wash off using warm water (Source: Noah Health).
- Apply lemon juice; lemon juice is notable for curing some skin disorders and scars left after treating acne is just another skin disorder that lemon juice helps in correcting. All you just need to do is to squeeze some lemon juice into a bowl and dip a cotton wool into the juice, apply it on the affected area and leave it on the affected area for about 10 minutes and then wash off.
Do you have acne scars?
Pimples can be very painful, because they cause a lot of discomfort and when treated, they leave visible dark spots or marks on your skin. These dark spots can be embarrassing, but if you are having problems getting rid of pimples scars, you should consider visiting a dermatologist who would study the scars and provide you with more medical treatment and advice.