Tips for Skin Health Care to Get Better Appearance
Skin Health Information
Skin is the largest organ in the body. It gives protection to all internal organs such as your muscles, bones etc. Above all, skin is one of the five sensors of the body. It is through the skin, you are experiencing the sense of touch.
The skin is made up of three layers and they are Epidermis, Dermis and Subcutaneous layers.
Epidermis is the outer layer of the skin and is always busy with the creation of new skin cells. When the new cells form, older cells will die and will be removed. 30,000 to 40,000 dead skin cells are removed from your skin surface in every minute.
Dermis is the next layer and it is under the epidermis. It contains oil gland, blood vessels, nerve endings and sweat glands. These nerve endings help you get the feel of touch. Dermis also contains collagen and elastin which will help the body to have the beautiful appearance. Sebaceous glands which produce sebum are in the dermis. Sebum gives oily appearance to the skin and hair.
The third layer, subcutaneous, is mostly made up of fat and it maintains the warmness of the body. This layer is also works as a shock absorber to the body.
Skin gives protection to the body against different weather conditions. When it is hot, skin cools your body by over perspiration and when it is cold, skin narrows the blood vessels to prevent the loss of heat from the body. The skin is doing this regulation of the body temperature by obeying the impulses receiving from the hypothalamus part of the brain.
Skin Health Tips
Skin health should be maintained with special care along with maintenance of the complete body health. Clear and soft skin is the symbol of beauty. Skin health will also help you to avoid many skin problems such as allergies acne etc.
What are the things that should be done to maintain skin health? Diet changes, regular exercises and good sleep are the three important factors that will contribute to the development of healthy skin. Good foods will brighten your complexion, exercises will enhance blood circulation and good sleep will boost collagen production.
Skin Health and Diet
Eating balanced diets is the best way to get healthy skin. Some foods that you are regularly eating are good for the skin health, but some others have adverse effects on the skin. The following are the tips for the changes that you have make in your food habits:
- Eat more nuts and fish. Almond contains a lot of calcium and magnesium required by the body. Drinking soya milk is also good for skin health. Oysters and salmon fish are good; salmon fish supplies the omega-3 that will help to keep shining hair, strong teeth, nails and clear skin.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables such as mango, blueberry, spinach etc.
- Eat more whole grains, lean proteins, low-fat dairy products, whole-wheat bread, muffins, cereals, turkey and brazil nuts.
- Natural sugars like sugar in cane sugar is not good for skin health; so reduce sugar intake.
- Water is required by the skin to avoid becoming dry; dry skin is more prone to wrinkling. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day even if you are not thirsty.
- Green tea has many skin health properties, so drink green tea regularly.
Skin Health Natural Remedies
It is important to understand about the role of vitamins and some other natural items that are good for the improvement of the skin health. Include the following vitamins and other items in your diet as much as possible to get better skin health:
- Vitamin A acts as an antioxidant that prevents the cell damage and premature aging. It helps in the process of the production of new cells and it will reduce the dryness of the face. Vitamin A helps to repair the skin itself. Tretinoin is a vitamin A derivative and it is helpful in the cure of acne. Oranges, spinach, mangoes, red vegetables and green leafy foods are the main source of vitamin A.
- Egg also contains vitamin A. Egg yolks and egg whites are both good for skin health. Egg yolk is a good source of biotin (a B-Complex vitamin) which is required for healthy skin and nails.
Common Skin Problems
What is the main problem with your skin?
- Vitamin C is helpful for the production of collagen. It has antioxidant properties that will help to neutralize the free radicals that prematurely age your skin. Fruits such as oranges, acerola cherries, grapefruits and tomato are the sources of vitamin C. Sprouts, hot peppers and bell peppers are also contains vitamin C.
- Honey is a natural moisturizer and an antibacterial agent. Regular use of honey is good for your skin.
- Increase the intake of omega-3 and it will reduce dryness and inflammation of skin. Omega-3 fatty acids are good for the improvement of circulation and it is good for skin health.
- Zinc that contains in fish is helpful to fight acne and makes the skin to have a good glow. Zinc also assists in the production of new cells and the removal of dead skin cells.
- Flaxseed oil and walnuts are for good for skin health.
Skin Health Exercise and Other Tips
Along with the changes in the diet, you have to make some changes in your lifestyle also to get better results. Be wise and practical and develop a healthy lifestyle which will support your overall health and skin health. Follow the tips below to make changes in your lifestyle:
- Regular exercise is very important for skin health; sweating gives more strength to the skin. Exercises increase the circulation and the flow of nutrients to the skin. Make sure to wash or clean the skin after the exercise.
- Sun will provide vitamin D to the skin. A half an hour walk in the morning or evening will give more advantages to the skin health. But overexposure to the sun will create more problems like skin cancer.
- Always use broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher to get protection against ultra-violet rays. It is better to avoid sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. and wear sun-protective clothing when it is required.
- For bathing, use only warm water and do not use hot water. Strong soaps can strip oil from the skin, so use only mild soaps.
- While shaving, use shaving cream to lubricate the skin. Shave in the direction the hair grows and not against it.
- Frequent washing of the face should be avoided. Limit this cleaning activity to one or two times a day.
- When you use a moisturizer for your dry skin, select a product that is right for your skin type. Use a moisturizer with SPF. Do not change skin care products frequently, but use the same product for considerably long time to give time for them work on your skin.
- Good sleep is very much required for the overall health of the body and for the skin health. Regular sleep promotes natural secretions like collagen.
- Before going to sleep remove the make-up from your face completely. The pores will be blocked if you left the make-up on the face and this will stimulate bacterial activity that may cause some skin outbreaks.
- Uncontrolled stress can make your skin more sensitive and it may become a cause for the skin diseases like acne, eczema and rosacea. So manage your stress for better skin health.
- Practice yoga regularly to improve your skin health and to get better shape to the body. Regular yoga and meditation will help to manage the stress also.
- Smoking is not good for overall health and especially to the skin health.
Tips for Beautiful and Healthy Skin
Test Your Knowledge by Giving Right Answers to the Following Statements:view quiz statistics
Skin Reveals Your Health
To maintain and enhance your natural beauty you have to improve your skin health. Many make-up products and skin care products are available in the market. But they do not need to be skin friendly always. Skin health care is important because the skin on your body especially the skin on your face conveys your beauty to others.
Maintenance of skin health naturally will help it to last for a long time, even after your younger years. Artificial products will not give long lasting support to the skin and also they may create some allergic problems when use for a long period. By making some changes in the diet and lifestyle, you can keep your skin beauty in superior condition with or without the help of skin care products.