Tips on How to Relax and Unwind
Video on Relaxing
Tips on how to relax
The world in which we live in is a demanding world, whether we are single, with a family or just living with friends. We have to pay bills, take care of children and sometimes, we have job related stresses. The good part of it is that we can solve all of these by learning how to relax.
According to experts, one of the key to a full life expectancy and a happy life is to treat yourself for relaxation. Pamper yourself once in a while without worries and avoid dwelling in a stressful condition. People who worry too much accomplish little and they have more psychosomatic illnesses. They develop heart problems and susceptible to problems of the nerves.
Here are some additional tips for you if you are stressed out and you want to relax
- Think positively.
- Instead of dwelling and whining about the problem leave all worries at the moment. Continue to think about it after you are relaxed, then you can have good solutions.
- Listen to your favorite music while in a solitary room. Music soothes the soul.
- Munching a food you really like while watching your favorite show/movie. Indulge in your cravings.
- Get a scented candle, flowers and incense and go to the bathroom, and have a warm bath.
- Make love to your partner passionately remembering the first time you made love. If you dont have a partner, close your eyes and imagine your crush hugging you.
- Go out and buy something for yourself, (something which will make you real happy). For women, you might want to shop for new clothes and shoes.
- Sit down upright, for a moment, close your eyes, inhale and exhale. Breathe and just enjoy the moment.
- If you have the means, then you can go to a massage parlor or spa. You need pampering and massage to soothe your mucles.
- In your bed, read a new book which you like. (Invest in your room, make it habitable, put potpourris or incense, smell can stimulate and relax)
- If you have children, send them to a babysitter for three to four hours every weekend or if some relatives would like to baby sit for them
- Have a fulfilling date with your gf/bf/partner at least once a week. Otherwise just invite your friend for a chit chat.
- Write something which makes you happy and remember a joke which makes you smile and laugh.
- Share a smile down the hall, in workplace, anywhere you go, the tendency is people will also smile at you. If you smile all the muscles in your mouth are relaxed. You may never know, if you are looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend they will be captivated by your smile.
- Seat down, close your eyes and then have a daydream, try to visualize yourself in a dream
- You can also do yoga (aims for the perfect union of body, mind, and spirit, through a system of postures, breath control, sounds, meditation, and other practices)
- Relax with herbal tea, it soothes and it is medicinal too