How to Become The Best Version of Yourself
As you wake up in the morning you think to yourself about all the things that you need to get done. You walk around your home and see what's out of place. You believe you can always do more so you can please your family. You hyper-focus on all of your unchecked chores, dilemmas, imperfections, faults, dust, and dirt. You can't help but be a negative nancy. Sometimes you don't even realize you are doing it. You're grateful for your family and the life you have made, but you just can't seem to climb out of that negative mindset.
Some people develop negativity because of their genetic makeup, which makes them feel depressed, anxious or easily overwhelmed. Our brain can sometimes distort reality, often creating negative narratives. Some see the negative in life because of the way they were brought up in life. If your dad got upset about a small mess on the floor and become very angry about it. Or maybe you have seen your parents be negative about their appearance. Children look at this and think maybe that is the way I am supposed to act. Hence your upbringing. Sometimes though, this isn't always the case.
"Find out who you are and do it on purpose."— Dolly Parton
Stop seeing the bad in everything
Change the way you see the world. Not everything is bad. I mean, yes, there are a lot of bad in the world, that we are unable to change for the most part, but there is a lot of good in the world as well. If you are unable to see the good in the world, then let me enlighten you.
- The sun, it's shining. That's a good thing right?
- The trees give us oxygen to live.
- Chocolate milk, who doesn't like chocolate milk?
- Pets can make us so happy.
- The sun and the moon, giving us light in the dark.
- A roof over our heads.
- Food to eat.
- Time with loved ones in which we mustn't take for granted.
- Good music.
Those are only a few things that are good in this world. It is up to you to look for the good. If you stop seeing the bad in everything, then you will be on track to becoming the best version of yourself.
As for people I can not say they are all good, but there are some good people in the world in which we call home.
"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."— Dolly Parton
Pick out the negativity in your life
Negativity can show it's self in many shapes and forms.
- Not being happy with the way you look is one of the top reasons for negativity. Too bony, too flabby, too big, too small, too hairy. You see people who work for modeling companies want you to feel like you need to look a certain way. Truth be told, the majority of the models they use in magazines and etc, have been photoshopped. So you may never be able to live up to their expectations unless you get a lot of cosmetic surgery. You should be happy with the beauty that God has given you. You are beautiful just the way you are and if someone else can not see that then they do not deserve any amount of your time.
- Not being smart enough. Maybe you didn't finish school or college and you don't feel like your intelligent. You are smart, your own kind of smart. Everyone is there own kind of smart. You probably know a lot of things that many people don't know.
- Looking forward to sleeping more than waking up. You think sleeping can help you escape your reality. That is far from true. We must all face our demons day by day until we combat them all.
- When you start on a conversation about yourself it is normally on the subject of complaining. It is normal to find yourself being in a negative state of mind when talking about yourself. Some people don't really like themselves.
- Pretty? Me? No way! You don't take compliments from others. You don't feel as if you deserve that compliment or you think that it is simply untrue.
Is this the type of thinking your doing? Get out of that train of thought!
"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."— Dolly Parton
A quick poll
Do you currently see the negativity listed above?
Travel the world
Discover more positivity of life by traveling the world. The world is full of wondrous places to explore. If you like traveling then here are some destinations that you may like to visit one day.
- Paris- Enjoy the city lights and visit the iconic attractions such as the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Le Marais and The Arc De Triomphe. Feel the romantic aura of Paris.
- South Island, New Zealand- Indulging in the majestic landscapes everywhere you look and see the dramatic mountains. Explore Fiordland Nation Park, a UNESCO World Heritage area, to gaze into the night sky with Mount Johns Observatory.
- Rome- One of the popular attraction to see is the Colosseum or maybe you would like to see the Trevi Fountain.
- Tahiti- A great place to surf or possibly learn how to surf. Take on a new hobby, why not?
- London- Don't pass up a visit to the Tower of London, Tate Modern. Buckingham Palace, or the British Museum.
- Maui- Enjoy a bird's-eye view of the lush coastline from a helicopter or snorkel with the sea turtles. Maui is unlike any other tropical destination.
"I know the suns still shining when I close my eyes."— Travis Tritt
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change
You don't want to waste your time being upset about the negatives of life. Life is too short, we must live our life to the fullest extent. This life comes with its ups and downs like a rollercoaster that never ends, but if we start to look at things in a different light, then we ourselves will become that light. A light of nothing but positive vibes.
Here are a few tips to do to help you start thinking positive.
- Leave sticky notes all around the house with your very quotes. You can leave these notes on your mirror, your refrigerator, your desk at work, or above your bed. Place them anywhere you can see them easily.
- Start a mental health journal. Keeping track of what you do every day and your moods will help you think positive.
- Eat and drink healthy. By changing your diet and exercise, can help you feel better both physically and mentally.
- Take in all that fresh air and enjoy a walk to clear your mind. The beautiful scenery can help you think positively.
"If you don't like the road your walking, then start paving a new one."— Dolly Parton
Are you ready to take the next step into changing your life around?
Did you enjoy this article? Leave a rating below.
© 2019 Miranda Scott