Top 10 herbs that work
these herbs have good evidence to work
The top 1o herbs that work
1. Echinacea: helps to prevent the common cold and combat cold symptoms.
2. Garlic: lowers cholesterol, reduces viscosity of blood (and heart attack and stroke risks), fights bacteria, may help control high blood pressure and offer protection against colon cancer.
3. Grape seed extract: a good antioxidant and helps reduce heart disease and cancer risks.
4. Kava-kava, may help relieve anxiety.(not approved in UK, see comment by Bard of Ely below)
5. St. John's wort: good for mild depression.
6. Ginkgo biloba: helps to maintain memory and concentration.
7. Cayenne: good for neuralgia, e.g., the tingling pain associated with shingles and post-mastectomy.
8. Ginseng: tunes up energy level, and possible libido.
9. Aloe: only when fresh, helps heal cuts and burns.
10. Saw palmetto: helps to relieve symptoms of an enlarged prostate.