- Alternative & Natural Medicine»
- Herbal Remedies
A deep insight about Organic Herbal plants and medicinal purposes
It’s a general habit to run to the nearest allopathy store for a tablet, whenever one get a mild headache or fever. The immediate result that the tablet gives makes one a satisfactory consumer. But have you ever thought about the root cause of that headache/fever or about a permanent solution for those headaches or fever? The allopathy medicine that we take is only a temporary solution for the problem and comes with side effects since its made from chemicals and is not natural. Hence it’s high time to think twice before having a allopathic tablet and to replace that with a natural remedy. Below mentioned are some of the plants that are widely available around our surroundings which includes high medicinal values. In this article, I am going to show you some important herbal plants such as The White madar,Aloe Vera, Ash Guard, Willow Leaved Justicia , Bael Tree and its Medicinal Purposes.
NOTE: The below mentioned solutions should only be considered as a first aid. For in depth evaluation of your disease, kindly consult near by Ayurveda physician.
1. The White Madar
The White Madar is a shrub with clusters of flowers and is grown widely in open spaces, road sides, and waste lands of places with a warm-humid climate. The scientific name of the White Madar is Caltropis Gigantea. It grows up to a height of 8 to 10 ft (2.4 to 3.0m). The leaves are simple, opposite-decussate and sub sessile and exudes white latex, when cut or broken at any part of the plant. The flowers are of white to purple in color and do not have any particular smell. The below portion of the leaves has got a small layer of powdery substance. Do you know that the lord Ganesha’s small sculptures are made up of this white madar plant’s Roots?
The White Madar is rich in medicinal properties and is widely used for various medicinal uses as listed below:
- Snake bites: Consumption of juice made from white madar leaves reduces the snake bite impact on human body.
- Application of Madar latex helps in curing the infected tooth.
- The application of Madar leaves and coconut milk mixture, after drying it in sun, helps in curing skin diseases.
- The application of Madar roots grinded with one day old gruel water, which helps in curing of filariasis. Apply this grinded paste in affected areas.
2. Ash Gourd:
Ash Gourd or commonly known as White Melon is one of the fruit/vegetable that has got exceptional medicinal power. The usage of Ash Gourd as a medicine to fight against Diabetes and Kidney are very common and is one of the most effective methods. Moreover Ash Gourd is resistant to all types all type of insecticides and pesticides.
The scientific name of Ash Gourd is Benincasa Hispida and falls in the Cucumber species. The As Gourd plant’s flowers are yellow in color and the fruit has got thick outer cover and thick flesh inside. Ash Gourd is not any season specific fruit and can be grown at any time of the year.
The seed of Ash Gourd can be stored for a long time and will not get spoiled even after one year.
Medicinal values and usage:
- Drinking Ash Gourd daily helps to flush out toxic substances from our body.
- Intake of Ash Gourd helps in getting rid of urinary retention and is very effective in curing kidney stone.
- Consumption of juice made by grinding Ash Gourd juice with small amount of punarnava and mountain knot grass leaves, on empty stomach, helps to cure kidney related diseases.
- Having Ash Gourd juice mixed with liquorice helps in curing epilepsy.
3. Willow-leaved Justicia
In India, the Willow-leaved Justicia is one plant that is considered as a plant that brings luck. But in other terms it is really lucky to have Willow-leaved Justicia at home since it is a plant with high medicinal properties and is effective in curing arthritis and back pain.
The scientific name of Willow-leaved Justicia is Vitex Negundo L. Willow-leaved Justicia are of different types; but the one with the blue flowers is the best. The plant grows up to 4-5 meters and the below portion of leaves are of bluish green.
Oil extracted from the leaves, roots, leaves are all enriched with medicinal properties and are used in treatment of chronic respiratory diseases, Tuberculosis, epilepsy etc.
Medicinal values and its usage:
- Using pillow filled with leaves of Willow Leaved-Justicia helps in curing headache.
- Using water boiled with Willow Leaved-Justicia leaves and its barks, for vaporizing helps in getting relief from cold, arthritis, and fever.
- Pouring few drops of oil extracted from the leaves of Willow Leaved-Justicia, in the nostrils, can revive one from the epileptic convulsions.
4. Aloe Vera:
Aloe has its own importance in cosmetic industry. Aloe is good for skin and pediatric treatment. Scientific name of aloe is Aloe Vera. It is stem less or very short-stemmed plant growing to 60-100cm tall. The margin of leaf is serrated and has small white teeth. Flowers are produced in summer. It has been widely grown as ornamental plant.
Aloe is a good medicine for gynec diseases. In addition to that it has soothing, moisturizing and healing abilities. According to Ayurveda, it is an effective remedy for Tridoshas (Vatta dosha, Pitta dosha, Kapha dosha).
Chenninaayakam (Aloe Spicata) is made out from aloe. The juice is said to be one of the finest body cleansers. This is widely used in hair oils, which is one stop solution for all hair woes. Aloe can be taken internally. It is excellent in regulating immune system. In homeopathy it is used for head ache.
Medicinal Values and Usage:
- Consumption of Aloe juice mixed with milk of goat or cow is a good remedy for the white discharge.
- The Aloe leaf paste can be applied on head to control dandruff.
- Aloe and turmeric paste can cure agnail (Toenail fungus) and wounds.
- Aloe Vera juice is used to treat Urinary Infections and Kidney disorders .
- Aloe Vera paste is good to cure skin diseases and skin swelling.
5. Bael Tree (Villavam)
Bale is considered as an antidote. The herb is considered to be sacred to lord Shiva. Bael is the only member of the monotype genus Aegle. It is mid-sized, slender, aromatic, armed, gum-bearing tree growing up to the height of 18 meters tall and has sharp thorns. It has a leaf with three leaf-lets. Fruits are similar to pomegranate, which is greenish and has woody outer shell and is fleshy inside. It is hot potent and has the ability to destroy worms. Fruits are yellowish grey in color.
The main ingredient of Vilwadi tablet is Bael. Roots, leaves and fruits have medicinal values. Diabetes, phlegm and rheumatism can be cured using bael. It is a good remedy for pain and inflammation. Drug should be used strictly on medical directions. Bael Roots are used to cure cardiac malfunction, abdominal pain, fever, urinary troubles. Bael Leaves are used as an astringent, laxative, digestive, anti-inflammatory and pain reliever . They are also useful in hearing loss. Beal leaf extract shows anti cancer effect in animal studies. The plant extract exhibits cytotoxicity against tumor cells, arrests cell cancer cells propagation. So It can be used as non-toxic drug against cancer and less expensive when compared to other expensive ailments available in market.
Medicinal Values and Usage:
- Taking in the paste of Bael root and nut grass with milk is a good antidote.
- Bael leaf extract possesess anti malarial ( anti protozoal and schizontocidal) activity. Decoction made from the bark of the plant is often used in the cure of malaria.
The juice of bael leaves, with honey, relieves fever.
- Herbal juice made out of Bael root will cure stomach diseases.
- Consumption of 6 grams of powdered flesh of unripe fruit will destroy worm inside stomach.
- Consumption of paste of 12 Bael leaves mixed with liquid extracted from banana stem during evening hours will cure kidney disorders.
- Consumption of freshly extracted juice of Bael leaf reduces diabetes.
From the following videos, you would able to understand the health benefits of herbal plants I explained in this article.With the help of pictures given here,you can able to recognize those plants.In addition to it, you can able to use these plants for the home remedies .But if you are not getting the results in 3 to 5 days, please consult an Ayurveda physician for further treatment. Happy Organic herbal remedies and natural treatment!