Top 5 Tips for Beginning a Healthy Weight Loss Program
The first step in beginning a healthy weight loss program is making up your mind to commit to a diet and exercise routine. A lot of people want to lose weight, but until you actually commit to making behavior and lifestyle changes that will lead to weight reduction, you haven't really started a weight loss program.
Once you've decided to start your weight loss program, you have to begin implementing changes to your eating and exercise habits. It's hard to change a lifetime of poor eating habits and resistance to exercise. However, if you're really committed to your weight loss goal you'll be able to make the necessary changes.
Top 5 Tips to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Program:
1. Stay Hydrated: It's really important to drink a sufficient quantity of water when you are trying to lose weight. Ideally, most people should consume between eight and ten glass of water daily. This will keep you hydrated, prevent you from retaining water weight, and keep you from mistaking thirst for hunger.
2. Get Moving: Take advantage of every opportunity to boost your metabolism by getting moving. Try to work a walk of at least half an hour into your daily routine. Take the stairs to get to your office instead of waiting for the elevator. The more you move, the more calories you will burn and the better your metabolism will function.
3. Start the Day By Eating: Skipping breakfast is a formula for diet sabotage. You need to eat a healthy breakfast every day to get your metabolism going. Don't start out by eating sugary foods full of empty calories. Go for smart choices, such as nonfat yogurt, fiber-rich fruits, whole grain cereals with skim milk, or protein-rich eggs.
4. Portion Control: Instead of making rash decisions about eliminating entire food groups from your diet, exercise portion control. Current medical research points at super-sized portions as a major culprit in many people's increasing waistlines.
5. Avoid Late Night Dinners: Give your metabolism a chance to do its job by avoiding consuming large meals late at night. Make sure you eat dinner early enough in the evening to give your metabolism a chance to burn off the calories before you become sedentary for the evening.
Small in your eating and exercise habits changes can make a big impact. You can't expect to experience success on even the best weight loss programs if you don't stick with them. As long as your actions are consistent and you are patient, the wait you want to lose will begin to come of slowly and healthfully.