- Diet & Weight Loss
Top Reasons on Why People want to Lose Weight
Why to Lose Weight?
Many people are obsessed about weight loss. It is also one of the most common reason that an individual will start to a diet. The reasons as to why an individual want to lose weight may differ from person to person.
The major reasons which motivate people to lose weight are given below.
9 Reasons to Lose Weight
Given below are 8 Reasons to lose weight.
- To be healthy: Being Obese brings in a lot of health issues. Obesity or Weight gain continue to be a risk factor for high blood pressure, stroke, heart disease, sleep disorders, diabetes and cancer. Many times the Doctor advises us to lose weight. Sometimes when the weight goes down many of the diseases vanish too.
- To look good: Looking good can imply feeling happy with own appearance or being attractive to the opposite sex and others in general. When you are Obese you might not be much preferred for marriage or dating.
- To fit in: Especially when we have friends and colleagues who are fitness freaks there is a problem in fitting in to their company. Even if we may not look like a super model at least we could not want to be glared at when we eat in public or should not be fatter that we need an extension for a seat belt.
- To be able to Physical Activities easily: When we are Obese it is very difficult to move around or do physical activities. Obese people normally suffer from knee pains too in addition to the other health risks.
- To not be like that Person: Many people who were getter fatter suddenly started putting efforts to lose weight because they did not want to be like a certain person. Adnan Sami used to be one of such people many people did not want to be like earlier. But now I am sure many of them would want to be like him after he has lost so much of weight.
- To get a Job: An obese person fails to get a positive first impression at job interviews. Many companies these days do not take obese candidates for job as they are considered unhealthy and inactive. All good Companies insist on clearing the medical checkup to give the employment with the Companies.
- To fit into old cloths (or new) : With a closet full of old garments, some of which carries a sentimental value too or is back in fashion, we would like to fit into our old cloths. Also buying new cloths can put a huge hole in our pockets and we may as well make do with the old. Some people who never had been slim are motivated to be fit into new cloths.
- Don’t want to buy two tickets: Sometimes travel companies like Buses or planes may ask you to take two tickets instead of one if you are obese and cannot fit into a single seat.
- It's Fashionable: Sometimes people like to lose weight because it is fashionable or trendy. People are most likely to do what Celebrities do. For instance, Bollywood Actress Kareena Kapoor's size zero figure inspired many to go for weight loss programs.
The above listed are some reasons of motivation for people to lose weight. Finding our motivation and taking steps to achieve the weight loss goals are the first two steps to weight loss. All the Best!