Turmeric Curcumin – Explore Its Awesome Health Benefits
Turmeric is an essential ingredient used for coloring and flavoring the food. It is derived from a root of the plant that is dried and converted into a form of a powder and is used for several purposes. India, being the largest producer and trader of the spice also tops the list of making use of the herb for natural treatment.The use of herb has been evident in India from the ancient times and is being used for several medicinal purposes till date.
As curcumin is known to provide the herb with its medicinal value, it becomes the most nutritional chemical present in the herb.
We all have heard about turmeric and are well-aware of its anti-inflammatory properties, but hardly any of us knows about curcumin (one of the main chemicals found in turmeric). Over the years, people in the Asian countries have been using turmeric curcumin to fight diseases like cancer, gynecomastia, arthritis, digestive problems, cystic fibrosis, Alzheimer’s and many other illnesses.
One of the common ways to use turmeric in India is by adding a pinch of turmeric in hot milk and consume it. They consider it as a natural medicine that offers relief from internal injuries.
There are several benefits that can be derived from the consumption of turmeric. The main benefits are:
- Curcumin is a natural anti-inflammatory compound that is found in turmeric. Inflammation is important for our body to combat the foreign particles like pathogens that enter our body. But, when inflammation is acute, treating it becomes essential. Turmeric curcumin helps in preventing and treating diseases that are the result of chronic inflammation. Turmeric is a very strong anti-inflammatory natural ingredient and has the ability to outbeat the effectiveness of pharmaceutical anti-inflammatory drugs. Curcumin can constrain several particles known to play an important role in inflammation.
- It is capable of increasing the antioxidant capacity of the body as it naturally boosts the body’s antioxidant enzymes and helps the body to fight against the attack of free radicals.
- It stimulates the brain functioning by enhancing the levels of BDNF (Brain Derived Neuropathic Factor) hormone that assists in brain functioning by fighting against the degenerative processes in the human brain.
- Most of the deaths throughout the world occur due to heart attacks. There are various contributing factors that lead us towards heart diseases. Curcumin improves the endothelial functioning in our bodies and offer protection from heart diseases. Several studies have proven that the inflammatory properties of turmeric also help in the prevention of the heart diseases.
- Cancer is one of the most painful medical conditions. Studies have shown that there are various kinds of cancers and turmeric has the medicinal value that can treat a various type of cancers by restricting the development and molecular growth of the cancerous cells in human body.
- Alzheimer’s disease has the reputation of being the leading causes of dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a result of the protein tangles builds up known as Amyloid plaques, and the presence of curcumin compound in turmeric is beneficial in clearing the formation of the Amyloid plaques.
- As turmeric curcumin is known to have anti-inflammatory properties, it has an excellent effect on arthritis patients. The inflammation of the joints can be effectively treated with the regular consumption of the ingredient.
- It helps to fight diseases that are associated with ageing and also provides anti-aging benefits to the consumer.
Do you think that natural medicines are effective?
Though curcumin is the main compound found in turmeric, the content of the chemical in turmeric is not that high, and therefore, it is important to consider turmeric curcumin supplements that contain extra curcumin for deriving the total benefits of the herb.
As curcumin is not absorbed properly in the bloodstream, including a piperine supplement is also essential for extracting its complete health benefits.
There are several turmeric curcumin supplements that consists of organic piperine. The blend of curcumin and piperine is excellent for the overall health of a person. Piperine and curcumin helps the body to absorb turmeric up to 20 times more compared to regular turmeric.
Consumption of turmeric curcumin supplements is quite safe and can be taken at any point of the day.
Curcumin promotes overall wellness, youthfulness and also offers relief from joint and muscular pain.
It is as good for heart health and also assists in better brain development. So, isn't it a wonderful herb to give a try?