- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
Urinary Tract Infection Symptoms
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection of any part of the urinary tract. The urinary tract consists of the kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. Ureters is the tube that carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder and urethra is the tube that carries urine out of your body. Children, teens, women, and men can get urinary tract infections. Here are the urinary tract infection symptoms.
Symptoms of urinary tract infection (UTI):
- Pain or burning sensation when you urinate.
- Feeling like you need to pass urine more often than usual.
- Urine is dark, cloudy or bloody.
- Urine that smells bad.
- Urinating very little even though your bladder is full.
- Leaking a little urine.
- Lower back pain.
- Fever, chills.
If you think you have any of the above symptoms, contact your health care provider. Because bladder infections can lead to kidney infections if you are not treated. Bacteria, most often E.coli can cause urinary tract infection. Infection can be caused by sexual activity, pregnancy, certain forms of birth control and improper hygiene.
Diagnosis of urinary tract infection:
UTI or urinary tract infection is diagnosed by urine test for signs of infection. It takes for about 2 to 3 minutes. If you have a urinary tract infection, your doctor will give a prescription for an antibiotic and medicines to numb your urinary tract and help to relieve your symptoms.
How to prevent urinary tract infection?
- You should drink plenty of water. Drinking water helps flushing out bacteria. Cranberry juice may also help. Always ask your doctor first.
- Don't hold your urine.
- Always wipe from front to back after bowel movements.
Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Magnesium Deficiency Symptoms in Women
- Clarithromycin Side Effects
- Treatment of H pylori infection
- Swine flu symptoms in humans
If you notice any of the symptoms of swine flu contact your doctor immediately. Swine flu is a highly contagious respiratory disease in pigs caused by infection with swine influenza A (H1N1) virus. Here are...
- Vitamin D Deficiency Symptoms
Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin and is needed in the development of strong and healthy bones. Vitamin D is available in some dietary sources such as fish, eggs, fortified milk, and fish liver oil. Vitamin...
- Baby's Eyesight Development Milestones
Your baby has so much to see and learn. Most of your baby's early vision development is in your hands. The ability to see well is a critical thing to learn as the baby will use the eyes to take in massive...