- Diet & Weight Loss
The 5 Bite Diet, You're Kidding Right?
Could you eat this slice of pizza in 5 bites?
5 Bites of what?
I was searching the Internet as I do from time to time, that is when I have time, looking for an easy diet plan to help me shed this extra baby fat. Baby fat from the last 22 years of having babies that is!
As my last child is four months old, and I had a Tubal Ligation with no plans of having anymore, I figured it was time to have my body back!
So anyway, I come across this "5 Bite Diet", comes from a book written by a Dr. Alwin Lewis called "Why Weight Around", whom discovered this so called secret while in college and lost 50 plus pounds in a month! The diet , from what I have gathered goes something like this:
- You skip Breakfast ( the most important meal of the day!)
- At lunch you can have anything, that's right , anything, but you can only take five bites of it.
- At dinner, once again, you can have anything your heart desires, but, that's right!, you can only have 5 bites once again.
- One bite a day should be a high-value protein
- Dieters should take a multi-vitamin once a day
Now, I don't know about you, but if I only take ten bites a day of food, that's not much food. That's the theory, after a few days, your stomach will shrink, it's been compared to by-pass surgery with out the surgery!
It reminds me of the time I came down with a parasite in my system, nearly starved to death, but I sure did lose weight! I lost about 40 pounds in a month and a half before a smart intern finally figured out what was wrong with me. By that time, my body was in serious danger of dehydration and low potassium that they were surprised my heart hadn't started having problems. Oh, the parasite was "Giardia". I couldn't eat, couldn't keep anything in or down, if you know what I mean!
So, am I comparing this diet to that of a parasitic infestation? Yea, I kind of am, because you would have to be doing nearly the same damage to your body!
I have an idea for a diet! I'm going to call it the Giardia Diet! Here's what you can eat:
- Ice, (you may add some water if you like)
- Soup broth if you can stomach on certain days!
- Saltine crackers on really, really good days!
Perhaps I should write a book? Okay, so that was a little sarcasm, and I by no means suggest anyone try it! It can cause serious damage to your body and your health, including your mental state!
But what's the difference from my so called diet and this 5 bite diet I ask you?