The Best Ways to get Pregnant Fast
If you are looking for ways to get pregnant, you are probably either just starting out or have been struggling for some time. Many people think that the way to conceive is to just have a lot of sex, and it shouldn't take all that long. The truth is, there are only a very limited number of days a month that a woman is fertile. Even under the best conditions, you only have about a 25% chance of actually getting pregnant each month.
The Best Time to Get Pregnant
The most important thing in pregnancy is timing. It is the most critical factor, and yet so many people get it wrong. Here's why:
- Part of the problem is the widely-held notion that women ovulate on the fourteenth day of their cycle. This myth comes from the false assumption that women have a perfect 28-day cycle and ovulate right in the middle.
- The truth is, many women have cycles that are much shorter or longer, and they don't necessarily ovulate at the halfway point. Every woman is different, and you get to know your body and figure out what time of the month you are most likely to ovulate.
- Also keep in mind that ovulation can vary from month to month.
How to Know When You're Ovulating
There are a number of methods you can use to figure out when you're ovulating and increase your likelihood of conceiving quickly:
- Basal Body Temperature. Purchase a digital basal body thermometer and chart your temperature each morning right when you wake up. Chart this temperature using a monthly calendar. You'll see that your temperature goes up each month a few tenths of a degree and stays up until your period comes. This shift in temperatures signifies that you have already ovulated. Once you have a good idea when this occurs month to month, you can have intercourse a few days before the anticipated temperature shift to increase your likelihood of getting pregnant.
- Make sure the sperm is "waiting" before the egg is released. The sperm can live for approximately 3-5 days inside a woman, but the egg only lives for about 12-24 hours. So, for the best chance of conceiving, it is best to time intercourse for several days leading up to ovulation as well as on the day of ovulation.
- An ovulation test kit. A kit will let you know when ovulation is approaching. Usually the test will predict ovulation within about 36 hours. Once the test turns positive, it is important to have intercourse that day and for the next couple of days until your temperature shows that ovulation is complete.
Being very aware of when you ovulate and timing intercourse appropriately is the best way to get pregnant more quickly.