What To Eat During Period
Yikes, it is period time! The time of the month that most women are uncomfortable and go through different types of pain such as bloating, headache, cramps, backache, and constipation. A common question raised among women – “What to eat during period?”
Here is a list of what is beneficial for your health during menstruation
- Drink lots and lots of Water...
- Although women should keep caffeine out of the way during their period, try to drink Ginger Tea to relieve nausea and bloating.
- Eat Yogurt for breakfast or snack. Yogurt is a great source of calcium.
- If you are a sushi lover, go to a Japanese restaurant and order Miso Soup. Miso Soup has Tofu which is high in protein. It doesn't matter if you dislike Miso Soup, there is a plenty of ways to eat Tofu.
- Whole Grains is a good source of magnesium.
- Don't forget the Veggies. Veggies relieves cramping pains and high in Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium.
- Least but not last - Beans, which is high in fiber and reduces cramps.
Remember to eat food that is high in Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin C. Food sources with Vitamin E include - Almond, Mango, Broccoli, Spinach, Kiwi, Tomato, Papaya and Corn Oil. Food sources with Vitamin B6 include - Cereal, Banana, Potato, Chicken Breast, Avocado, Salmon, Tuna, and Roasted Beef. Lastly, fruits and vegetables that have Vitamin C are Strawberry, Orange, Cantaloupe, Lemon, Grapefruit, Cabbage, and Cauliflower.
Try to avoid Caffeine like Coffee, Tea, Soda, and Chocolate. Absolutely NO to Alcohol.