Lunch Ideas for Kids
School's are open and everybody including the children are on a busy schedule. While the adults are trying to run after their schedules and bringing their children to a routine, they also want to keep a check on what the children are eating and getting the much balanced diet for their proper growth and nutrition.
I also sail in the same boat and have brought about some healthy and quick alternatives for packing a quick lunch for our kiddos.
Cracked Wheat with Vegetables
1. Take a cup of Cracked Wheat
2. Roast it with some oil until it is brown.
3. Add 1/2 cup of vegetables such as carrots/peas/ corn or whatever is their favorite vegetable.
4. Add Salt, turmeric
5. Add 2 cups of water. (For richer content, could add 11/2 cups of water + 1/2 cup of milk)
5. Pressure cook it for ~3-4 minutes. Enjoy it with a dash of coriander leaves.
Couscous with Vegetables
1. Boil 2 cups of water. Add 1 tablespoon of oil.
2. Add 1 cup of couscous. Switch off the gas and cover the pan.
3. Keep the lid covered for ~5-10 minutes.
4. In a pan saute some vegetables such as peas, corn, carrots, red bell pepper, tomatoes, onions. Once Sauteed, add turmeric, salt, spices according to your taste.
5. After 10 minutes, lift the cover of the pan containing the cooked couscous and add that couscous to the pan containing the vegetables. Mix it well.Sprinkle some coriander leaves over it.
Lunch is Ready!
Grilled Sandwich with Cottage cheese and Vegetables
1. Cut Red Bell pepper, onions, asparagus into small pieces.
2. Add Cottage Cheese to it. Sprinkle salt, black pepper according to taste.
3. Taking 2 slices of bread, put a layer of mayonnaise and put the above mixture in it.
4. Grill the Sandwich and voila your lunch is Ready.
So far the above 3 recipes have worked wonders in my household. Hope it does for you as well. Good luck!