- Fertility & Reproductive Systems
What the Hell is Arginine?
Eat Healthy for Better Sex!
How Arginine is Important for Sexual Health
Arginine is an amino acid that is known as a growth hormone releaser. The decrease of growth hormone in the human body. It forms nitric oxide in the body, which increases blood flow to the genitals, which of course is why it helps as an aphrodisiac!
Arginine, is said to enhance sexual desire in women. It's also been used as a treatment for erectile disfunction combined with proanthocyanidins or yohimbine. It increases the blood circulation throughout the body, including the sex organs and improves reproductive ability. This aphrodisiac is found in many foods for a variety of opportunities.
It's not reccomended to take Arginine or L-Arginine supplements as these supplements are linked to higher risks of heart desease. It is a necessary amino acid though and should be regulated through a healthy diet.
If you are hoping to get pregnant, or just want to improve your sexual response, then paying attention to this beneficial aphrodisiac could prove to be worth your while.
Foods containing Arginine:
- Dairy Products such as cottage cheese, ricotta, milk, yogurt, whey protein drinks.
- Beef, pork, and poultry.
- Wild game such as pheasant and quail.
- Seafood such halibut, lobster, salmon, shrimp, snails, and tuna in water.
- Wheat germ, flour, buckwheat, granola, and oatmeal.
- Nuts such as coconut, pecans, cashews, walnuts, almonds, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, pinenuts, peanuts.
- Seeds such as pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower.
- Chick peas and cooked soybeans.
With this sort of variety it should be easy to get the right amount of Arginine on a daily basis to promote better sexual responses for you and your partner.