- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
How to Manage Hypertension
Causes of Hypertension
If you have history of hypertension you must make it a habit to monitor your blood pressure on a daily basis. Don’t take this thing for granted lest you just wake up one day with a permanent neurological damage caused by Stroke or Cerebrovascular accident.
The sad part of having a severe Stoke is you will become totally useless. You will stay in bed for the rest of your life and can’t do without the help of someone. Sadder still is the fact that even the whole family suffers with the patient who becomes a burden to them.
For sure no one wants to live his life this way. It is better to live healthy and die healthy. Now if you are serious in your desire to regulate your blood and avoid hypertension you must start to pursue a healthy lifestyle.
Some of the reasons why people suffer from hypertension is excessive bad cholesterol intake, lack of regular exercise and lack of water intake. This is aside from the genetic reason which is aggravated when one does not know how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Practical Tips for Blood Maintenance
Here are some practical tips for blood maintenance which you must consider doing:
- Omega 3 Fatty acid is very effective for blood thinning. Make it your blood maintenance food supplement on a daily basis. 2 to 3 capsules a day will be very helpful.
- Drink enough water every day. Makes sure to drink at least one or two glasses of water every hour every hour and it should be room temperature or warm water. This will prevent blood thickening as well. Forget about cold water which will harden your arteries and can trigger heart attack.
- Strict discipline in your diet is required. No fatty, oily or greasy food, no salty or too much sweet food either. Eat healthy and moderately. Choose in oats, fish rich in Omega 3, fresh vegetable and fruits instead especially those that are known to lower cholesterol such as cucumber, citrus, strawberries, green mangoes, carrots, pineapple, papaya, apples and the likes.
- Regular exercise for proper blood circulation is a must. Many people are too lazy that they do not want to exert some effort in a daily workout. Daily brisk walking for 30 to 1 hour will work wonder in your life. Try this and see how it will make a difference in you.
First Things to Do When Your Blood Pressure Rises
In the event your blood pressure rises, do these things:
- Do not panic, relax and take deep breaths
- Do not lie down, just sit down with head up and apply ice pack on your head.
- Close and open your palm repeatedly
- Take 2 to 3 capsules of Omega-3 Fatty Acid with warm water.
- The above will normally lower your blood pressure. If hypertension persists, go and see your doctor.
Remember living a healthy life is a choice. You may choose otherwise but if you do, you will surely regret it. So live healthy. It is not just for your own good but for your family as well.