- Mental Health»
- Stress Management
Women's Health and Stress
Proverbs 14:1 "The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands."
Proverbs 31:10 "An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels."
We women carry on our backs a big bag full of traditional responsibilities; because of that our health and stress are closer than what many of us imagine or know. If an excellent wife is far above jewels, then let's all gather strength to fulfill women's necessities as we foment, develop and encourage soundness of health. Good health for all, since we, the women are more susceptible from the rest that are affected by issues of: family, society, friends, neighbors and colleagues. Oscar Wild () quoted: The Sphinx Without a Secret
'Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.'
Hillary Clinton quoted:
'Women are always being tested...but ultimately, each of us has to define who we are individually and then do the very best job we can and grow into it.'
Health and stress
Health is the general condition of the body or mind with reference to soundness and vigor; it will be reflected by good or poor health. Stress is the emphasis given to something. Both of them are attached since body and mind are linked together. A poor health affects our minds, as a stressed life affects our health. Everyone is exposed to stress, and a great number of people have experienced the traces of stress.
The struggle that women confront each day, trying to achieve the standards of being a daughter, woman, wife, mother, house and/or career keeper puts us in a vulnerable position of presenting stress effects that may affect our health. Learning the signs of stress enables anyone to block its encounter.
Physical side of stress
This is a list of normal effects that stress brings. The level and the quantity of effects determines the severity.
- A great and more prolonged sadness than that which is warranted by any objective reason.
- A strong feeling of displeasure and belligerence aroused by a wrong.
- Constant changes of mood.
- Feeling a state of mental or nervous strain.
- Poor faculty of retaining and reviving facts, events, impressions, etc. or of recalling or recognizing previous experiences.
- Poor exclusive attention to one object.
- Increased use of alcohol, nicotine, caffeine.
- Dilemma making decisions.
- Lack of positive attributes.
- Inability to sustain attentiveness.
- Excess or inadequacy of food.
- Feelings that are overpowered by thoughts, emotions or senses.
- Deprived of strength or power to help oneself.
Effects of stress
The severity of stress effects can be controlled by us, giving attention to our health. Stress is an enemy of our health. Analyze some of the destructible ways of stress and start choosing a better way to maintain good health.
- Disorders in: eating, emotions, digestion, and skin.
- Asthma attacks
- Sexual disorders
- High blood pressure
Health is in our hands
The natural stages in life that we women get with hormonal balance requires special attention. As we deal with our daily performance, as givers in life, we need to take personal time for us, like learning to eat well, saying 'No' and:
- Listening to music
- Getting massaged
- Attending group gatherings
- Meeting friends
- Last, but never least, talking with God.
Life is to be enjoyed!
Sisters, we are valuable. Men, women are a blessing. Proverbs 18:22 "He who finds a wife finds a good thing And obtains favor from the LORD." Nobody will take care of us better than us. We have help from others and from God (as with those that follow Him). Get up, take a handful of responsibility (for yourself first) and start achieving good health letting it flow, not making it a burden.
Blessings to all!
© Maria Magdalena Ruiz O'Farrill
© 2013 Maria Magdalena Ruiz O'Farrill