- Diet & Weight Loss
World's Quickest Low Carb Pizza Crust Recipe
This is one of the quickest ways to make a single serving of low carb pizza. It was inspired by the Egg White Wraps recipe in the Trim Healthy Mama book. Don't forget to check out delicious ideas for toppings included in this recipe.
- 2/3 cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoon ground golden flax seeds
- 4 teaspoons psyllium husk powder
- pinch of salt, garlic powder, italian seasoning, or your favorite pizza crust seasonsings
- Spray non-stick pan with oil spray and heat on medium heat. Whisk all ingredients together and pour into pan quickly before mixture thickens. Allow to heat a minute or two and then flip and brown on other side. It will look similar to a light colored pancake.
- Place pizza on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Add your favorite toppings and broil for 4 minutes till the cheese just starts to bubble and brown. This pizza reheats well in the microwave---if you have any left over!
Low Carb Pizza Toppings - Ideas and Hints
Sauce: There are some no-sugar spaghetti sauces available in most stores. My favorite is Classico's Tomato & Basil. Add a small sprinkle of stevia extract to the jar and shake it well to give it a sweeter pizza sauce taste.
Cheese: My favorite cheese for pizza is a mixture of mozzarella and meunster. Meunster kicks up the cheese flavor a notch. Grated parmesan is a nice addition to sprinkle on top.
Meats: Whenever browning ground beef, turkey or sausage for other meals, I save out approximately 1/2 cup and refrigerate or freeze so it's ready to go for my next pizza. Pepperoni is always a must! Bacon is a bonus. If I make it for some other purpose, I'll save a piece and it up to add to my pizza toppings.
Veggies: Usually when I have ground beef cooked (above) I'll include onion, so that gives a little onion flavor zing to the pizza. Occasionally I'll cook the meat with green or red bell pepppers as well, which are delicious on pizza.Sauteed mushrooms are a delicious addition if you are a mushroom lover. A few sliced black olives add good texture and flavor.
How to put it all together: Start with the crust, add sauce, spoon on ground beef mixture, sprinkle with cheese, top the cheese with pepperoni, then add any extra veggies such as the olives or mushrooms. For the final topping, sprinkle with some grated parmesan or a small amount of mozzarella/muenster.
Pizza Crust Nutrition info (toppings not included)
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 3 g||1%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 11 g||44%|
|Protein 19 g||38%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 425 mg||18%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|